Sort of hybrid cpu cooling block

axlrose

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2008
I'm completely new to water cooling. I need to start at a closed loop system I'm sure, but someday when I make a custom loop (which sounds expensive but really fun) EKWB is the company that always seems to pop up with great hardware in the custom builds I see. I see they have a closed loop product now and I'm wondering if what is included is something I would actually build off of if I moved to a custom loop in the future or if I would end up buying new hardware anyway? I really like the LEPA closed loop with the clear tubing better and I'm wondering if I should get a 360 instead of a 240 anyway, but thanks for any thoughts on the quality of the parts of this for realistic custom loop creation.

https://www.ekwb.com/news/623/19/EK-Predator-is-setting-a-new-standard-for-AIO-liquid-cooling/

Lutfij

Titan
If the intended hardware you're going to cool is that stated in your sig space then I'd say pick up the EK Predator 360 and cool only your CPU for now. You can look into adding more waterblocks(chipset/mobo/GPU) and rad space(should you require it) down the road and be covered for the foreseeable future as the pump within the unit is capable of driving the expanded system with ease.

Mind you, mate, the EK Predator was designed to be a install and forget sort of a solution but with it's expandable nature requires the end user to perform due diligence and upgrade in an informed manner thus I would ask you to read through the watercooling sticky located in my sig space to get a better grasp of things in the world of watercooling. One other thing I'd like to state is make sure your case is compatible with the solution you're choosing since 360mm of rad space is a big space when mounting internally in a chassis(or outside as I've done in my AMS build log - sig space).

Closed loop cooler such as Corsair or OEM manufactured Asetek units warranties are void the moment you disassemble the unit...i.e you cut the tubing. EK's unit merely requires you to unscrew fillport, drain, add fittings, blocks, rad, tubing, fill and then screw fill port back on.