[SOLVED] Sound Card + Logitech z906

Jake Hall

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2013
I would love some help and clarification with this idea I have.
I have an X-FI Titanium HD sound card and it has a round Optical Out.
I think it's mini-toslink.
I would love to upgrade my altec lansing 2.1 speakers to the logitech 5.1. It says it has a built-in decoder and two optical inputs.
Will this setup work together? If so, was I right about the cable? What kind do I need?
back-panel.jpg
z906-surround-sound-speaker-system.jpg

Solution
Yes this connection should work, the card should have the cables in the box
From a review:
"Note: The last set of RCA jacks can function as normal line level input or can be switched to S/Pdif digital operation. White is optical input and Red is optical output. This card does not offer coaxial S/Pdif output only optical connection. The bundle does include two mini toslink to toslink cables which help for connections. We also have to clarify that although this card has a headphone output, this design does not have a headphones amplifier. "

If you don't have the cables then a mini toslink to toslink cable should be what you need.
Yes this connection should work, the card should have the cables in the box
From a review:
"Note: The last set of RCA jacks can function as normal line level input or can be switched to S/Pdif digital operation. White is optical input and Red is optical output. This card does not offer coaxial S/Pdif output only optical connection. The bundle does include two mini toslink to toslink cables which help for connections. We also have to clarify that although this card has a headphone output, this design does not have a headphones amplifier. "

If you don't have the cables then a mini toslink to toslink cable should be what you need.

Solution