[SOLVED] Sound Card

Last edited:
Possibly. I'm speaking from my own experience. I am using an Asus Essence STX II 7.1 card. In an office, with regular speakers, at decent sound level, there's no difference, comparing it with an old VIA controller onboard . And it's normal. I mean you'd need top speakers and suitable environment/room for sound fidelity, in order to feel the magic. For regular pc use, the onboard is enough. Again, in my uneducated opinion.

Last edited:
I couldn't find my old Creative card so I found this one online and it can be used on anything, including iOS with a workaround, and its very portable without the need for power, it gets it from the phone's type C port or from USB on a PC:
https://us.creative.com/p/super-x-fi/creative-sxfi-amp

The thing is that its not sold anywhere in Canada. Creative is the only seller and does not ship to Canada :(

Last edited:
Just here to say that I got my hands on a Creative SXFI amp from ebay half msrp price new and its amazing. It works with my PC and my phone. I thought sound cards didn't make a difference but I was surprised that even my 20 years old cheap 2.1 Altec Lansing speakers sounded much better with it. Sound is boosted without distortion and sound is clearer, crispier, it sounds more natural. It doesn't require any power input other than the type C cable that came with it, it can be connected to a PC or a Phone. Only thing I didn't like was the SXFI feature which is only good for games and movies but I disabled it and now music is awesome.

Edit: I can even crank up the volume close to maximum without degrading sound quality. Before raising volume above 60% degraded sound quality.

Last edited: