Question Sound delay problem on laptop

Sep 17, 2023
The model is HP Pavilion 15-ec2013nq
Sound card: Realtek

The problem is this (and has been for a long time):
Whatever media I play there is a few seconds of silence before the sound starts.
It does this on both speakers and headphones. When it is on the built-in speakers, there is no problem.
I tried the troubleshooter as well as different versions of the driver, including the latest one, but it didn't help.

How to fix this?

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Using the serial number for your HP laptop in HP's support portal. Check and see if your laptop has any BIOS updates pending, then check to see if your OPS is pending any updates. Then uninstall your audio driver from Device Manager. Manually reinstall with the latest driver sourced from HP's support page bespoke to your laptop in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Sep 17, 2023
Thanks for the reply. I will follow your instructions and write what the result is.

Edit:
I checked in HP Support Assistant for BIOS updates, but it show me there is no new updates.
I uninstalled through Device Manager the audio driver, restarted the laptop and problem was solved.
(my fault before was that I used Driver Booster to update/roll back the driver version)

Last edited: