[SOLVED] sound device not found preventing gta5 from loading

spanconstant5

Commendable
Apr 5, 2020
I have a system just built with and rx570 (4gb made by xfx), ryzen 3200g, msi a320m pro max and 16gb of 3200mhz ram. i tried to play GTA V and the game launcher said ' no compatable sound playback device was detected. check your sound device and drivers. if you continue to have problems, contact rockstar support' i had played before with the intagreted graphics on my cpu but the gpu wont play the game. i have updated my drivers with the amd redeon software and it shows no problems in device manager. what should i do?

Solution
i fixed it, i'm putting it on the thread so others know. if you use software routing like voice meeter, you need to set the game output to voice meeter input in settings (settings> system> sound> advanced

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
Go into Device Manager and look for a device called the AMD High Definition Audio Device. That is the audio system built into your new video card. If it appears normal click on it to see whether it says the device is working properly. BUT if it has a yellow triangle that indicates there is a problem with it. If that shows, RIGHT-click on it and choose to update the driver. You may have to reboot after that is done.

Once the AMD High Definition Audio Device is OK, back out of Device Manager. Go to System ... Sounds ... and find a place to set up your Default Sound Playback Device. It probably shows you the mobo-based Realtek system in a drop-down chooser box. Change that to the AMD High Def Audio device, then back out. Now test your sound system and you should have sound coming from the speakers in your monitor.

spanconstant5

Commendable
Apr 5, 2020
i fixed it, i'm putting it on the thread so others know. if you use software routing like voice meeter, you need to set the game output to voice meeter input in settings (settings> system> sound> advanced

Solution

TRENDING THREADS