Sound does not come out of my speakers or headphones

ContraCommando

Honorable
Jul 11, 2013
This morning everything was working perfectly. Now my speakers stopped working and also my headphones. The only way that I can hear sound is through my monitor's internal speaker. I looked at my sound devices and it says that the speakers are working correctly and it does show a green bar move up when I test the sound out, but I don't hear no sound. I am using Logitech S120 speakers. I do hear a slight buzzing sound from the speakers and headphones. It can't be my speakers problem since the headphones are also affected. I have tried everything, but they still don't work. Any suggestions?

Solution
There is a chance that this is a hardware issue

One way to isolate all issues could be to try a bootable linux LIVEUSB and test sound using that to eliminate any issues with drivers

You could also try older version of drivers if any are available

Also check out any recently installed updates and programs

ContraCommando

Honorable
Jul 11, 2013

I tried that as well. I even checked the latest sound drivers and still nothing. It's like my audio is completely dead even though it was working perfectly a few hours ago. I didn't even move or switch anything.

There is a chance that this is a hardware issue

One way to isolate all issues could be to try a bootable linux LIVEUSB and test sound using that to eliminate any issues with drivers

You could also try older version of drivers if any are available

Also check out any recently installed updates and programs

Solution

ContraCommando

Honorable
Jul 11, 2013

None of that worked for me, but I did find out how to solve it. I had the same exact problem as this person...http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/367489-28-sound-blaster-recon3di-driver-weird
It had to do with my Sound Blaster recon 3Di. I had to disconnect my cords from the motherboard a few times and it eventually worked on it's own. Thanks for trying to help me though.