[SOLVED] Sound drivers - Audio card vs bluetooth vs graphics card.

Rukazu

Prominent
Jul 16, 2020
Hello. I didn't know which one of the forums and subforums will be the most accurate to post this.

I have a question: I have a mother with onboard sound card with digital output, the graphics card HDMI and the bluetooth.

I use audio with this 3 connections. My question is: The realtek chip and its driver manages the HDMI and bluetooth audio? Or it is processed with their own drivers and own hardware?

I want to know how to get the best quality audio... My monitor uses the hdmi output, and the soundbar uses the bluetooth. Are they using the realtek drivers? Because the monitor seems to use an nvidia audio driver, with a noisy sound.

Solution
All three are using different audio drivers?

HDMI output (from an Nvidia GPU) will use an Nvidia HD Audio driver.
BT will use it's own audio driver

Your Realtek onboard sound/driver, only has any direct involvement with the onboard, physical outputs from the motherboard itself.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator

Your Realtek onboard sound/driver, only has any direct involvement with the onboard, physical outputs from the motherboard itself.

Solution

Rukazu

Prominent
Jul 16, 2020

Thanks, it was my doubt.

3.5mm and digital : realtek driver

hdmi output: own nvidia driver (and audio chip i understand)

bluetooth: own and independent.

So, my integrated audio chip does not have any relevance on the monitor and bluetooth sound quality...