Sound From Headset Is Cutting Out

Rainbow_4

Commendable
May 19, 2016
My sound on my headset cuts out whenever I talk to someone via skype or discord. Never happens when just browsing the web or playing games. There is a short term fix for this, I go to Control Panel > Device Manager > Sound > Right Click On My Headset > Then Click Disable > Then Re-Enable. That is a short term fix, but probably 10-20 minutes later it cuts out again, then I repeat the process.

ihog

Distinguished
Is this a laptop? Try going to your manufacturer's web site and updating/reinstalling the audio drivers.

And personally, if the headset has its own software/drivers, then I would uninstall them, uninstall the audio drivers, reinstall the audio drivers, then reinstall the headset's software/drivers.

Rainbow_4

Commendable
May 19, 2016
I have a PC, and I will try and go to my manufacturers website, It has there own software and drivers, but I've tried uninstalling the drivers then re-installing them for my headset. I will try to update it though.

ihog

Distinguished
Did you build your PC? If so, yes. If it's a prebuilt, you want to go to the manufacturer's website.

So if you built it, let me know the motherboard make and model. If not, let me know the make and model of the prebuilt.

Rainbow_4

Commendable
May 19, 2016
I installed one of the drivers, I will see if it works, if it happens again, ill post on here. Also, my sound in my headset only cuts out when I use my microphone which is very odd.