Question Sound is failing to start on boot?

Feb 15, 2019
Hello again everyone!!

I seem to have an issue on my girlfriend's pc.
She runs windows 10 64bit
Gigabyte 970a-ds3p motherboard
Sapphire Radeon Pulse RX570 series

What we seem to have here is an issue with the sound. We connected an HDMI tv, since we didn't have a VGA adaptor or the proper cable, and since then everything seems buggy.
On boot, windows seem to recognize the HDMI sound input even though the tv isn't connected. If we do a restart though everything seems to work as it should??
What can we do to fix this annoyance?
In the same context when we are connected on VGA and we open Google Chrome or a certain program VGA monitor is switching off and on, no sound, and the optical resolution or details seem different.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Am I reading this correctly - that you don't get sound until you reboot?

Are you audio drivers up to date?
Are you using an adapter of any kind?

In the same context when we are connected on VGA and we open Google Chrome or a certain program VGA monitor is switching off and on, no sound
If i'm reading this correctly - you won't have sound via VGA because it does not carry sound.

Reactions: KaZenner
Feb 15, 2019
Am I reading this correctly - that you don't get sound until you reboot?

Are you audio drivers up to date?
Are you using an adapter of any kind?

If I'm reading this correctly - you won't have sound via VGA because it does not carry sound.

Yes, I don't get sound until I reboot.
When connected with HDMI I don't have an adaptor but it is a TV monitor, not a pc one.
When I am on VGA connection with a pc monitor, I have sound again but only if I reboot, and I have VGA to HDMI adaptor as I haven't found locally a VGA to HDMI cable.
My monitor is old but I don't want to change on a new monitor and the problem still persists.
Yes, I have the latest drivers. I was given with each part of my built.

In a more simple way, I won't have sound with any troubleshoot unless I reboot. What is more puzzling is I have 7 different sound devices, 2 of them showing active but only one is active.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Yes, I have the latest drivers. I was given with each part of my built.
By "give" - am I assuming correctly that you mean the drivers / disc that came with the product were installed - if so then you might not have the latest drivers, you can find them direct from the equipment manufacturers website.

7 different sound devices
7 ? Where have you gotten this? Is your computer displaying 7 sound devices that are unknown to you? If so, this definitely sounds like a driver issue. If you have multiple audio drivers, you may have to cleanse and reinstall latest.

Feb 15, 2019
By "give" - am I assuming correctly that you mean the drivers / disc that came with the product were installed - if so then you might not have the latest drivers, you can find them direct from the equipment manufacturers website.

7 ? Where have you gotten this? Is your computer displaying 7 sound devices that are unknown to you? If so, this definitely sounds Ilike a driver issue. If you have multiple audio drivers, you may have to cleanse and reinstall latest.
Yes I have 7 unfortunately so as I well I thought it is a driver issue. How I go with cleansing? The 7 devices is on the windows 10 sound menu on task bar.

scout_03

Titan
Ambassador
your board maker use a realtek chipset so check for is driver on there link also you gpu have 2 hdmi ouput to backward compatibility so see if you did install the amd driver and check if hdmi is the main output in sound panel also what is the cpu since some am3+ need a bios update on this board .

Reactions: KaZenner