Sound not working on Windows 10

Jun 22, 2018
Hi Everyone,

I recently swapped my computer's case into a Corsair Crystal Mid ATX. After swapping the case and booting my machine I noticed that my Windows 10 OS stopped detecting any audio devices that were hooked up to the motherboard.
What I have noticed:

"Not Plugged In" is written for my speakers I go to the "Plackback" tab under "Sounds" on my OS.

"Not Plugged In" is also written for headphones which I do have plugged in on the front panel (I verified I did place the HD Audio plug onto the proper pins on the motherboard)

I've tried connecting various Bluetooth speakers to my PC. Unfortunately after pairing successfully I receive a message which says "Connection Unsuccessful" the bluetooth does work for all other non-audio devices.

I installed the drivers for audio on my motherboard from Intel's official website. After installing the drivers I went to the "Realtek HD Audio Manager" and I disabled "Front Panel Jack Detection"

This disabling caused my speakers to stop showing "Not Plugged In" on the "Plackback" tab under "Sounds" but unfortunately sound is still not going through the speakers.

I verified sound is enabled in my BIOS.

I've "Reset" Windows twice, but I am assuming maybe I should reinstall from a USB Image of Windows 10 instead?

Thanks for reading! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Motherboard: Intel DH77EB
Processor: i7 3770
Graphics: Nvidia 780 GTX
RAM: 24GB

Jun 22, 2018

Hi! Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately I've tried three things regarding this:
1. I removed the front panel plugs from the motherboard and booted the computer. Unfortunately this did not change anything.
2. I disabled the front panel audio via the BIOS. This yielded no changes.
3. I verified the wire is plugged in properly. It is a 7 pin plug, the "8th" pin doesn't exist and I'm certain its plugged in properly b/c the motherboard also follow the same format essentially it wouldn't fit in place if it was improperly wired with the DH77EB Motherboard.

Thanks for the suggestion though! Any other suggestions are greatly appreciated! :)