Sound problems, please help.

Solution
Ok, sounds like you're on top things then. I've never tried a USB sound solution, kind of interesting, but if you've got the PCIE3x1 slots available, I know those work good. I've got a couple Sound blaster z series cards and the software and hardware is rather nice. I've never been dissatisfied with the setup(except when Nvidia tries to hijack my audio). I'll check back sometime on this thread if you need any further thoughts.

Graptik

Reputable
Nov 25, 2015

Thanks so much for the reply! Does this mean that the motherboard audio has absolutely no connection to a sound card? For some reason my front and rear panel audio has decided to die suddenly and I'm just wondering if a sound card or Bluetooth USB Speaker would definitely work. Thanks a lot in advance.

dudmont

Reputable
Feb 23, 2015
Motherboard audio and audio from your new card will conflict not at all, just make sure to disable on board audio in your bios(this will take care of your first question).
I've never run a Bluetooth speaker setup, so whether the speakers come with some drivers or your sound card drivers will handle running the Bluetooth speakers is not is not something I can give you a definitive answer for. But I can assure you that one of them will have the necessary software(I'm betting the speakers) for system to address the speakers properly.
As far as your current Mobo panels, have you had a chance to test another set of speakers, to isolate the issue? Have you tried driver re-install? Are you using Nvidia experience(driver installs for some reason routinely install the stupid Nvidia audio drivers, which seem to foul up my system)? Do you have some headphones you can plug into those different jacks to verify? No sense buying a soundcard if the on board audio is not the issue.

Graptik

Reputable
Nov 25, 2015

Yeah unfortunately I have tried everything possible, reinstalled drivers, checked cables, reinstalled windows. Sucks but if that's the route I have to go down to get audio then it's worth it.

dudmont

Reputable
Feb 23, 2015
Ok, sounds like you're on top things then. I've never tried a USB sound solution, kind of interesting, but if you've got the PCIE3x1 slots available, I know those work good. I've got a couple Sound blaster z series cards and the software and hardware is rather nice. I've never been dissatisfied with the setup(except when Nvidia tries to hijack my audio). I'll check back sometime on this thread if you need any further thoughts.

Solution

Graptik

Reputable
Nov 25, 2015

Thanks so much for your help. Not really sure whether to go the route of soundcard or USB. Found this cheap little USB sound adapter:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sabrent-External-Adapter-Windows-AU-MMSA/dp/B00IRVQ0F8/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1501296429&sr=8-3&keywords=usb+sound+card

Do you think this might work? I figured I'd start with something cheap and if that doesn't work then go down the soundcard route. I don't really need cinema quality audio, just need to be able to hear what's going on in games and videos and such. Thanks again.

dudmont

Reputable
Feb 23, 2015
Not sure it's a soundcard, from the reviews(which are good) it looks more like a filter and connection device only, but that might be all you need to continue using your onboard audio;), it will bypass your bad rear panel connections.