Sound Randomly Stopped Working

SMontes

Reputable
Dec 23, 2014
This seems to be a recurring issue now and I don't even know how it keeps happening. My sound was working perfectly fine earlier, but I noticed google chrome wasn't opening so I restarted to see if it would fix, then just reinstalled it. But then I noticed my sounds stopped working. Some guy here helped me fix it before but I forgot how to do it. I've uninstalled the sound drivers in device manager and restarted to see if reinstalling them would work. I also tried using troubleshoot and it just told me to disable audio enhancements, but I don't have a tab for it. I think the problem was a corrupted soundcard or something.

Solution
Yeah I just found it and fixed it again. Its a malfunctioned codec from my motherboard, I just have to powerdown for 10 seconds but its just a short term fix. Thanks for the help anyway though.

SMontes

Reputable
Dec 23, 2014
Yeah I just found it and fixed it again. Its a malfunctioned codec from my motherboard, I just have to powerdown for 10 seconds but its just a short term fix. Thanks for the help anyway though.

Solution