Question Sound related issue.

iMatty

Honorable
Mar 14, 2019
So i didn't know where to post this really, as it is sound related and also gaming related.
So today i decided to play Sekiro actually its running in the back ground right now, problem is when i plugged my controller the sound is gone from my headset, i ended the razer kraken helper task as it always kills my sound and nothing, changed the output device from the sound icon on task bar from my controller to headset, still nothing.
Also found that windows set it to default in sound setting, so i changed my karken to default again.

But nothing still no sound, any ideas?

Thank you in advance.

Colif

Win 11 Master
I wish your sig image was bigger, its really small to read at 4k - I only mention it as I can't tell what specs of PC are, so can you make it bigger (you can drag corner of images in SIg edit box in profile to make them bigger) or just tell us what you have?

Is controller USB?
Is headset USB?

Have you played other games with headset and controller plugged in? Is this only game it happens on?

iMatty

Honorable
Mar 14, 2019
Both of them is headset its a ps4 controller, and a razer kraken V2 7.1 i guess.
Nope its first time using it on pc, i usually play using mouse an keyboard but friend said it'll be much better to play sekiro using controller.

Colif

Win 11 Master
you may get complaints about it from people with smaller screens, so I don't know. Might need to be smaller. White on pink isn't easy to read regardless of size

PS4 controllers have speakers, its possible the speaker on it is running the sound.

I know you guys have probably found the answer but like me people do search still. I found if u plug the pad in and go to your soubd device tab (bottom right) youl see the pad is set as audio. Just remove this as audio. Works perfect

https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/no-sound-when-using-a-ps4-controller-for-pc.2886934/