Question Sound settings glitching also Mic no longer being recognized

Themasterofw

Prominent
Feb 26, 2019
When I open it it takes 30 percent of my cpu and causes it to gitter/ freeze. My computer also cant recognize my perfectly fine mic. Regular output audio is fine though. I don't know what I did or what caused it though. Nothing else seems to happen and my computer doesn't feel any slower. Also apparently it doesn't always occur I have no clue, could be based on opening the menu with Terraria or unplugging said microphone cord while the menu is open.

Either way I just need to have my comp recognize my mic and the drives say they are up to date.

I tried shutting it down and restarting it and also front/back ports for the microphone.

Microphone works as my phone can use it and get audio from it.

Right now it just won't troubleshoot as it says for me to plug in the microphone :(.

Lutfij

Titan
Make and model of your microphone and how you're connected to your computer? If it's USB driven, your not taking advantage of the onboard audio card meaning drivers for that device and troubleshooting it will be of no benefit. Are you on the latest BIOS update for your system? Most often people post questions like yours and then mention that they're working with a laptop(mid way) which is why it's best you mention the specs to your system(if a desktop) or the SKU to your laptop's make and model.

Lastly, which version of Windows 10 are you on?

Themasterofw

Prominent
Feb 26, 2019
Its a jack headset with a microphone it goes by inland. I would say No for the latest BIOS update as I haven't manually updated it.
(Very similar to Inland PRO 1000 On-Ear Headset - White)
And my system is a desktop, not sure what specs would help so here is all.

Specs below-

Motherboard : GA-78LMT-USB3

Computer Screen : HP w2007

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti

CPU: AMD FX-4130

Ram : Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 2400 C11 2x8GB

HDD: TOSHIBA DT01ACA100

Power Supply: Thermal Take smart series 500w ( so it reads on it)

PC case: Apevia X-Sniper 2 Gaming Mid-Tower

windows 10 home 64 bit

Last edited: