Sound stopped working

demonripper360

Honorable
Mar 21, 2012
This morning I turned on my computer and my USB headset wasn't working. I could see it in the playback devices menu but I couldn't switch it to default I could test it and sound would come out but that was it. I couldn't disable it. I couldn't disable any devices in the playback devices menu. I tried switching USB ports front and back. so i call customer service were i bought my computer they recommend a driver update so i updated the drive for realtek and then no sound comes out of anything. it still shows them in the menu but will not let me switch or enable/disable any devices although i can do it in my device manager but that doesn't help. Now i cant even test the devices anymore. Please help i would like to play games again.

Solution
Uninstall the audio devices in Device Manager, re-install with the latest drivers for your computer model. Then try the headset. Also try a regular headphone or speakers with a 3.5mm plug instead of USB to make sure the sound card is working.
Uninstall the audio devices in Device Manager, re-install with the latest drivers for your computer model. Then try the headset. Also try a regular headphone or speakers with a 3.5mm plug instead of USB to make sure the sound card is working.

Solution