Question Sound stuttering followed by Wifi Crash (Intel Wireless 9560 card)

psi

Distinguished
May 21, 2013
Recently on my PC, Windows 10 Update installed new Intel drivers for Bluetooth and "Intel net" and literally flashed my BIOS. I didn't ask for any of it.
Then I watched BIOS updating, which went OK.
On the same day and until today, Wifi connection has been terminating after minutes of use, with no option to even select a network. I tried connecting USB dongle, which should've been bypass this Intel wifi card. But dongle hasn't worked as well. Why? Okay, I was then installing every new driver for wifi card for hours and rebooting, it all failed. And the Bluetooth is usually turned off in BIOS. Looks like the card or the driver have worked for more time if I stopped using the PC for a while. A thermal problem to me.

The most important symptoms are as followed. Usually it starts like this: Sound starts to stutter and mouse Cursor starts to hang. Stuttering, like repeating last chunk of second, goes away and Mouse Cursor are moving again, but the Wifi (Intel) disappears and connection fails. Button to turn connection on disappears. Getting the same yellow exclamation mark on Intel Wireless device.

Options like resetting driver didn't work. Dns flush, etc. no. Both MS driver and Intel tried. I think my Wifi chip is fried. But maybe it's a software issue?

PC specs: Windows 10 1909 Home
UEFI American Megatrends
Intel Wireless-AC 9560 160Mhz card
Realtek audio

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2020
Hi mate! I have the exact same issue as you've mentioned also along with same wifi adapter(Intel Ac 9560). Did you manage to find any fix to this problem? I've been scouring the internet for possible solutions, reinstalled my drivers, reset BIOS, refreshed my PC but nothing seems to work. Was wondering if you ever got to resolve this issue

psi

Distinguished
May 21, 2013
Yes I found but is no fix. Problem happens after you dealt with it.
This is probably Asus fault. Though they make good products.
I managed to resolve by connecting through ethernet cable. Internet goes into router through dsl or 4G modem and goes into ethernet cable to pc.

Jun 26, 2021
Hi,

I have ASUS TUF Gaming FX504GD.

I had this exact same issue. I think it started when I unplugged my power supply during thunderstorm, and it was really getting on my nerves. I started googling around and tried everything that was suggested on internet, including but not limited to;

Update driver to latest version (22.50.1.1 at the time of writing)
Uninstall driver, installed it back, tried various versions (downgrading)
Reset bios to factory settings
Install fresh windows 10 from USB-boot stick
Change driver and router settings, including Channel width, and wireless mode to N, Mimo power safe mood to dynamic smsp, roaming agressiveness to medium and numerous other settings.
Change router settings to only send certain channel width, various other router settings

Some of these worked for a while (10-30min), but the problem always came back. I got really frustrated! I came to the conclusion it must be hardware problem. I read somewhere that is is somehow related to power supply. and that made sense as this problem started (for me) after I had unplugged power supply. I also remember hearing some kind of noise from my headphones whenever this network adapter stopped working.

So I opened up my laptop and took a look around. I noticed my battery was a bit elevated/bloated from the middle. I took my laptop battery off, plugged power back in, started my laptop and the problem was gone, and has not come back ever since! I reinstalled my Wireless-AC 9560 160MHz driver to get default settings back, as I had changed them a lot when I tried to fix the problem. Issue has still not come back, been using my laptop for over a day now!

So it has something to do with power supply, and taking battery off and using laptop with only power supply connected works! I don't pretend to know why, and it is not great fix as it defeats the purpose of laptop in some ways, as you can't carry it around without power supply, but atleast you can use the laptop and play games with it like it was meant to be!

Hope this helps someone, I was fighting with this problem for +2 days and I have read numerous other boards looking for a fix, and this seems to be really common issue with this network card. Some even said they have had this issue for over a year! Cant even begin to imagine the frustation..