Sound through monitor not working correctly

MaskedFrenchman

Reputable
Apr 21, 2015
I am using a small element tv for my computer monitor and I have some sounds coming through it. I plugged it in using an hdmi to my geforce gtx750. I can get all the windows sounds through the monitor, I.E. changing the volume and it dings, but I can get nothing else through it. It always tries to send sound through my headset, even though my monitor is the default device. I have even tried disabling my headset but to no avail! My monitor even plays sounds while my headset is plugged in. Please help me!

AdviserKulikov

Honorable
Jan 13, 2015
Is it "stealing" the sounds, or just cloning them?

If it's cloning the system sounds, just turn your TV volume to 0, problem solved.

If it's stealing the sounds, you should try uninstalling and re-installing your audio drivers. (Probably do this anyways)

If the problem persists, a possible solution is using a different cable for video.

MaskedFrenchman

Reputable
Apr 21, 2015

I dont exactly know what those terms mean, I'm sorry I'm quite new to PC lingo

AdviserKulikov

Honorable
Jan 13, 2015

Not logo, I just used terms I figured would be familiar. Is the same sounds coming out of the TV also coming out of the headphones? I.E. when you hear a windows system ding, does it go to both devices?

For the drivers: hit start, and search for "Device" without the quotes. Go to device manager. Go to "Sound, video and game controllers". Right click the speakers presenting an issue, and select "properties". Note the device, then select uninstall. Then re-install the drivers for that device.