[SOLVED] Soundcard inside a PC or outside

Jan 14, 2019
The title may be weird but its not what you think (i guess)

i am buying myself a PC and i saw a component named Soundcard i researched it but i couldn't find an answer

what i mean exactly is do i need a soundcard inside my PC or a usb plugged soundcard.
i got headphones that came with a small soundcard 7.1 and i don't know if its the same thing so i want to ask the community before i buy a PC

Soundcard that i got
It says "Virtual 7.1 Sound Card" so it might not be actually a soundcard
i dont know this is confusing for me so please help with it
2019-04-20_00.14.08.jpg

Solution
If you are buying a desktop, probably not. Only if you really want to do advanced things with your sound. Most motherboards have a built-in sound card, so you probably won't need it at all for headphone or speaker usage. You will only need it for sure if your motherboard has no onboard sound. Same goes for laptops. If it has no headphone jack and you still use older headphones with that type of connector, then you will probably want it. Otherwise, if your laptop has a headphone jack or you don't use those types of headphones, you won't need it at all.

succmysalt

Prominent
Apr 19, 2019
If you are buying a desktop, probably not. Only if you really want to do advanced things with your sound. Most motherboards have a built-in sound card, so you probably won't need it at all for headphone or speaker usage. You will only need it for sure if your motherboard has no onboard sound. Same goes for laptops. If it has no headphone jack and you still use older headphones with that type of connector, then you will probably want it. Otherwise, if your laptop has a headphone jack or you don't use those types of headphones, you won't need it at all.

Reactions: wan-sou
Solution