SoundSight Headphones Have Built-In Camera

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeamColeINC

Reputable
May 6, 2014
Not trying to be mean about it, but I'm struggling to find a reason that will justify this purchase. Maybe if they were like the Peltor headsets that amplify ambient noise and lower loud noises to a comfortable decibel level, I could use that camera to record some footage at the range. However, 720p @ 30fps is honestly below par for action activities, GoPro holds the crown in that area.

razor512

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2007
seems like an overpriced gimmick. Basically seems like they wanted to take some $30-40 headphones and then jack the price up like crazy by adding a cheap camera unit (similar specs to those $8 1080p video cameras that record to micro SD, and then add a cheap $ 3 bluetooth module and use its GPIO to connect to a dirt cheap accelerometer, and a couple mics likely wired in a way that will provide a differential signal so that some of the noise can be canceled out.

Overall, it seems like a horrible deal. at that price point, you get into the audiophile grade headphones.

Achoo22

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2011
When I was a child, daydreaming about James Bond gadgets, I would've probably thought this was a neat idea. As an adult, I can't understand why we would need, desire, or allow network-aware cameras and microphones built into every device we own.

Status
Not open for further replies.