Sources: No Apple Tablet at September Keynote

Status
Not open for further replies.

aracheb

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2008
well with device as small as ipod and itouch blowing up, 10 feet high and blowing up people faces, i'm afraid of getting anything bigger from apple. WHo knows a table PC from apple could easily blow up your car if you leave it inside..

freiheitner

Distinguished
May 7, 2008
Is it just coincidence that The Beatles are remastering and re-releasing their entire catalog in September... and Apple is (allegedly) having a big media event in September?

zelannii

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2009
@aracheb:

Do not Blame Apple for battery failures in devices they distribute but that do not contain Apple manufacturered batteries, let alone defects on the scale of 1:2,200,000. Yea, that's right, less than 1 in 2 MILLION iPod batteries have exploded, and the VAST majority of those have been due to environmental effectws (extreme heat), dropping (all LiIon batterys are prone to impact damage), or breaking (sitting on an iPod and cracking it in half). Further, all shipping MacBooks, the iPhoine 3GS, and all future apple devices use LiPO, which does not burn up or explode when cracked or heated, nor does it outgas, nor does it cascade cell fail.

zelannii

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2009
I expected no tablet announcement at this event. The tablet would by itself garner more than an hour of a major presentation, and likely will be announced in an Apple Keynote in late October or Early Nevember (if not late January), and realeased early next year.

thepetey

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2009
if its something in the ipov provuct line, its gonna be something to compete with the ZUNE VD... shouv be interesting... still think Microsoft has my sale.

aracheb

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2008
[citation][nom]zelannii[/nom]@aracheb:Do not Blame Apple for battery failures in devices they distribute but that do not contain Apple manufacturered batteries, let alone defects on the scale of 1:2,200,000. Yea, that's right, less than 1 in 2 MILLION iPod batteries have exploded, and the VAST majority of those have been due to environmental effectws (extreme heat), dropping (all LiIon batterys are prone to impact damage), or breaking (sitting on an iPod and cracking it in half). Further, all shipping MacBooks, the iPhoine 3GS, and all future apple devices use LiPO, which does not burn up or explode when cracked or heated, nor does it outgas, nor does it cascade cell fail.[/citation]

in the last few month a have seen more report about ipod, iphone blowing up in the air, that i had ever seen in my whole life about any other product. That also have LiIon batteries, and also had been expose to extreme condition?
so let me guess, yes i blame apple for their bad QA department.

lifelesspoet

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2009
[citation][nom]godwhomismike[/nom]Can someone explain why we should be excited over a tablet?[/citation]
Over the last decade, apple has entered existing markets with new devices and influenced later product lines. Love the usuability or hate the missing features and price, chances are that in a year or two your gonna see carbon copies from dell, acer etc.. As it stands now, the only tablets i see now are the ones the Fedex guys have me sign.

G

AppleInsider has been repeating for weeks that they sources have indicated an early 2010 launch, and NOT a 2009 september launch.

This year will see the iPod refresh with the camera, and maybe confirmation regarding iTunes 9 and the "Cocktail" package we've been hearing about this week.

Also the official launch of Snow Leopard!!! CNet seems to have that major detail!

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
I will buy the tablet if it is ever released as long as it is $600 or less. Would be great to have a slate style device to just carry around and surf the web, listen to music, jot down notes, or whatever with. Most PC slate tablets are very expensive and business oriented. A sleek cheap tablet from Apple would be great. You guys that refuse to buy Apple are really missing out on some stuff. Sure some of their products are overpriced but some of them are nice. Great things about Microsoft and great things about Apple. I choose to live in both lands.

snotling

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2002
maybe they will release an iClone of Steve Jobs to keep their stock value up when he quits.

or an iLoft, one room apartments that can multi-task as any room you need... sort of an iHolodeck.

or an iMove electric car for all iCare!

jecht

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2009
[citation][nom]tayb[/nom]I will buy the tablet if it is ever released as long as it is $600 or less. Would be great to have a slate style device to just carry around and surf the web, listen to music, jot down notes, or whatever with. Most PC slate tablets are very expensive and business oriented. A sleek cheap tablet from Apple would be great. You guys that refuse to buy Apple are really missing out on some stuff. Sure some of their products are overpriced but some of them are nice. Great things about Microsoft and great things about Apple. I choose to live in both lands.[/citation]

I agree with that, although seeing the words "cheap" and "Apple" together like that looks strange...

Status
Not open for further replies.