South Park Creators Approached Obsidian Directly for Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkerson

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
[citation][nom]Jarmo[/nom]There's like.. no way this can possibly come out as anything good.[/citation]
Opinion = Fact?

I plan on holding judgement until some more info comes out. But I will admit, I hope it turns out well, as it will be an interesting spin on the series.

Jarmo

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2009
[citation][nom]TheCapulet[/nom]The only way this is bad is if you don't like south park.[/citation]

No. I love South Park and I love (most of) Obsidian's games.
But this... no way. Just you wait and see.

digitalzom-b

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2011
There's a TON of content in South Park's quiet little mountain town. Over the 14 years of episodes... it's insane. Be it they don't exclude content because of the timeline, we can expect things like Megasteisand, some goddamn mongorians, animals with mulitple asses, and so on. Also, I'd say it's safe to assume there will be areas outside of South Park, like that dark creepy forest (from can't remember the episode :|). I just hope they pay attention to detail, and make it so you can go into every building in the town, and it to have a purpose and a sense of interaction. E.g. going to the toy store and buying/stealing (in the essence of oblivion) toys, or going to Raisins for food (lol). This could be a very good and massive (not just size, but content) game if done right... hopefully Matt Stone and Trey Parker see that the potential is enforced, and push for some of the Elder Scrolls freedom gameplay essence.

G

Feargus Urquhart is pretty awesome.

I can remember when Fallout 2 came out (his game, really) and I had some bugs and issues. I contacted Black Isle studios and he was the one to reply to me! All those years ago I was floored that one of the leads on a big game was actually taking their time out to reply to an end user.

I've got to say he's done well for himself, and he'll pop out a fun game with SP.

demonhorde665

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2008
all i can say is , .. i hope it is on PC , granted i have an xbox 360 , i don't run or never intend to run AHY RPG's on a console so i pray this has a pc version

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]TheCapulet[/nom]This game is being overseen by people who prefer a damn good game over a bottom line, and being developed by devs who love the idea of staying true to the roots of south park, yet are known to make fantastic RPGs. The only way this is bad is if you don't like south park. I can't stand south park, myself. But for those who do, this game will probably be pretty damn good. But I will appreciate it for the fact that it'll be giving a well deserved developer more spotlight and money so they can make more polished games in the future.[/citation]

fantastic... is relative, they are known for making rpgs with a grand scale, but failing to execute them properly, that said, they usually pump out a better game than the original, however they come out so buggy some people dont stick around with it till the bugs get fixed.

[citation][nom]digitalzom-b[/nom]There's a TON of content in South Park's quiet little mountain town. Over the 14 years of episodes... it's insane. Be it they don't exclude content because of the timeline, we can expect things like Megasteisand, some goddamn mongorians, animals with mulitple asses, and so on. Also, I'd say it's safe to assume there will be areas outside of South Park, like that dark creepy forest (from can't remember the episode :|). I just hope they pay attention to detail, and make it so you can go into every building in the town, and it to have a purpose and a sense of interaction. E.g. going to the toy store and buying/stealing (in the essence of oblivion) toys, or going to Raisins for food (lol). This could be a very good and massive (not just size, but content) game if done right... hopefully Matt Stone and Trey Parker see that the potential is enforced, and push for some of the Elder Scrolls freedom gameplay essence.[/citation]

the game will be based entirely in the Good Times With Weapons style, where the interesting things happen in their imaginations, with breaks from the story moving back to real life, i could see a great game in that regard.

[citation][nom]JacekRing[/nom]"We must return the precious to the video store"is what comes to mind when they quoted the classes you can play[/citation]

with a moral choice if you watch the movie or not.

masterasia

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2009
I can't wait to play this game as Mysterion or the wise scholar, hopefully they'll make it into the game. Love Southpark, but the games in the past have been the sh*tiest games ever made. The second half of this season's episodes have also gone done the toilet, so hopefully Obsidian can make something good here.

Also on a side note....BASEketball is one of the best movies ever made.

xerroz

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2010
[citation][nom]masterasia[/nom]I can't wait to play this game as Mysterion or the wise scholar, hopefully they'll make it into the game. Love Southpark, but the games in the past have been the sh*tiest games ever made. The second half of this season's episodes have also gone done the toilet, so hopefully Obsidian can make something good here.Also on a side note....BASEketball is one of the best movies ever made.[/citation]
Don't forget Orgazmo, or Team America. Really all the movies Matt and Trey have done, they're geniuses.

It's gonna be interesting what they can come up with. Graphics won't be much of an issue and there's 15 years of SP so they can focus a lot on the gameplay aspects and the like

bebangs

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2009

they tirrrkk errrr JERRRBBSS!!

:D oh just for the fun.

want this!!! there used to be southpark game on ps1 & nintendo 10 years ago.
wishing them the best.

bv90andy

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2009
[citation][nom]digitalzom-b[/nom]There's a TON of content in South Park's quiet little mountain town. Over the 14 years of episodes... it's insane. Be it they don't exclude content because of the timeline, we can expect things like Megasteisand, some goddamn mongorians, animals with mulitple asses, and so on. Also, I'd say it's safe to assume there will be areas outside of South Park, like that dark creepy forest (from can't remember the episode :|). I just hope they pay attention to detail, and make it so you can go into every building in the town, and it to have a purpose and a sense of interaction. E.g. going to the toy store and buying/stealing (in the essence of oblivion) toys, or going to Raisins for food (lol). This could be a very good and massive (not just size, but content) game if done right... hopefully Matt Stone and Trey Parker see that the potential is enforced, and push for some of the Elder Scrolls freedom gameplay essence.[/citation]

I sense someone's going to be really disappointed when the game comes out.

Status
Not open for further replies.