SP1 RC for Windows 7 / Server 2008 R2 Ready

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manos

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2009
About time! And Ive been postponing formatting my C: for a while now. Perfect timing actually :) After work cause now its 4am here and i need another 4 hours to get out of work .. :(

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
[citation][nom]manos[/nom]About time! And Ive been postponing formatting my C: for a while now. Perfect timing actually After work cause now its 4am here and i need another 4 hours to get out of work ..[/citation]
Are you saying you were waiting for SP1 before updating Windows 7, or you just need to re-install anyway and you can add in the service pack at the same time?

Win7 seemed like a pretty well-baked product (maybe cause it was more of a service pack for Vista?). Anyway, I'll wait till the actual release, and not the release candidate. I'm not sure how you go about correcting an install of a release candidate of a Service Pack, wouldn't that affect the versioning of your system? Wouldn't you need to install the "released" service pack to fix it?

footsoldier

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2009
[citation][nom]hellwig[/nom]Are you saying you were waiting for SP1 before updating Windows 7, or you just need to re-install anyway and you can add in the service pack at the same time? Win7 seemed like a pretty well-baked product (maybe cause it was more of a service pack for Vista?). Anyway, I'll wait till the actual release, and not the release candidate. I'm not sure how you go about correcting an install of a release candidate of a Service Pack, wouldn't that affect the versioning of your system? Wouldn't you need to install the "released" service pack to fix it?[/citation]

I thk what he meant is that it is pain in the neck when you reformat your windows, you have redownload those bazillions amount of updates

Travis Beane

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2010
Awesome.
I'm done with release candidates for the time being, but I'm certainly waiting for the polished product.
[citation][nom]footsoldier[/nom]I thk what he meant is that it is pain in the neck when you reformat your windows, you have redownload those bazillions amount of updates[/citation]
Agreed. Can take longer than the actual reformat.

I love how they say 2GB for 64 bit. Honestly, Win7 64 bit runs just fine with 1GB.

cookoy

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2009
no new features for Win7, only compilation of security updates and bug fixes. i'll just wait for the final SP1. more exciting for Win Server 2008 R2 admins though. gives them opportunity to test out the new server-related features.

iamtheking123

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2010
Sounds pretty bleh to me. Maybe all their developers are working on Windows 8 and this was left to the interns:

"Just throw all of these existing updates into a single file and here's some DLLs from Server to throw in".

Status
Not open for further replies.