[SOLVED] Spacebar not working on multiple keyboards in windows 10 (solved)

smakmagik

Honorable
May 18, 2016
Have a new Logitech mk540 combo that was working fine. Not sure if this is related but the electricity went out and when it came back, the keyboard spacebar stopped working. Its not completely gone because in notepad it sort of works as the alt key so there is some response.

It's a brand new keyboard but I still tried another wireless keyboard that I have - also Logitech - and again, the spacebar doesn't work.

How can this be? It's a desktop issue right since it's from 2 separate keyboards? Please help

Lutfij

Titan
You can try and take both keyboards over to a donor system and see if the issue crops up on said donor system. If they do, then the issue is hardware. If the issue doesn't crop up, then the issue is with your particular platform, either a corrupt OS, corrupt driver or the USB port is being spammed with another key.

smakmagik

Honorable
May 18, 2016
No, doesn't work

When I bring up the on screen keyboard and press spacebar, it lights up the Alt key. It's basically become the Alt key. How do I change this? I've tried cleaning etc.

smakmagik

Honorable
May 18, 2016
Solved it. Got something called KeyTweak, and it showed that the spacebar had been mapped to the Right Alt Key. Just reset to default and it worked. No idea at all how it happened in the first place