Spanned Volume SSD Failed

Apr 4, 2018
Hi

So i've had 2 different sized SSDs set up in a spanned volume to store all of my games, and the larger of the 2 drives has now changed to 'Not Initialized' in Disk Management.

The spanned volume has obviously stopped working because half of the drives it uses can't be accessed, so I was wondering if there was any way to re-initialize my SSD so that it can reactivate the spanned volume.

Getting the SSD working again is my main priority, as I don't really want to have to buy another one to get my storage back, but if I could retrieve the data as well that would be great.

I've already attempted to initialize the disk as an MBR, but an error message comes up saying 'Incorrect function.'

Here is an image of my Disk Management screen.
Disk 0 is Windows
Disk 1 is my large SSD which is currently not initialized, which i assume is the reason there is a 'Missing' partition at the bottom as well
Disk 2 is my small SSD which seems to be working
Disk 3 is my extra storage HDD
8AeanMQ.png

Thanks for your help.

Solution
What happens when you try to "Reactivate the volume"?

Wait - the 500gb is showing as missing, you'll need to correct that first. Try new cables. If the Bios see's it then windows disk management should also.

It will likely now come back as a foreign disk which you just use the import Foreign disk function and windows should redetect the spanning and reactivate it.

popatim

Titan
What happens when you try to "Reactivate the volume"?

Wait - the 500gb is showing as missing, you'll need to correct that first. Try new cables. If the Bios see's it then windows disk management should also.

It will likely now come back as a foreign disk which you just use the import Foreign disk function and windows should redetect the spanning and reactivate it.

Solution