News Sparkle Returns to the GPU Landscape, With Three Intel Arc GPUs

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
I'm still waiting for an A380 in either half height or single slot. Preferably both.
Anything modern that can fit in an old SFF business PC, really.

It is a shame the ASRock A380 is a full height card with an 8-pin power connector. I've been meaning to measure the heatsink pattern and see if I can mount something better to it. If it can't be small, it could at least be passive. (Right now the fan spins about once a minute for 1-2 seconds when doing video playback, a little annoying)

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Well, that was about 15 years ago.

I also remember the days of the Voodoo 2 and PCI bus. I got one after my brother bought himself a Matrox card and a Pentium II if I recall. In hindsight that was probably a mistake, but as I recall the feature he wanted specifically was MIP mapping which appeared also on the Voodoo 3 later on (which I bought, and was quite happy with until I made the switch to Nvidia)

So, Sparkle is back! Wow. It has only been over a decade! So who else is coming back?

Diamond Multimedia?
HIS?
Club3D?
Visiontek?
Albatron?

Too bad that BFG is truly dead. They made some awesome-looking cards!
bottom.jpg

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
That is the one I have, just found the box. I must have been thinking of a different card. My brother currently has that system, still using it for Firewire and XP for some old digital music instruments. Had a pretty light life all things considered.

TRENDING THREADS