[SOLVED] Speakers buzzing

soRa_21

Prominent
Aug 10, 2019
I need help.. So i have 2 normal stereo speakers for pc wich are connected to my monitor 3.5mm jack, and usb to my pc for power.. Problem is they start buzzing if volume goes a little bit higher than half.. Its really annoying and you cant hear anything if you turn the volume up a little bit.. I tried connecting to pc but same problem, no matter what i do they buzz but when i connect them to my phone they dont buzz at all.. I've tried other speakers, and same problem..

Solution
make sure your jack plugs are pushed all the way in , if you caught them whilst dusting your pc ( I have ) the jacks only have to be out a tiny bit to make a buzz , check the wires inside the pc where they are soldered to the jack plug board , if you have a dry joint caused by heat that can also cause the buzz.

Do you coil your speaker wires up so they look nice and neat , if you do that can cause something called an earth loop to make the buzz , it happens on hi-fi gear as well.

soRa_21

Prominent
Aug 10, 2019
Sorry for bad explanation.. Long story short they're some chinese brand, ms i think.. They buzz whenever i turn the volume up more than 50% (volume on the speakers, not in windows).. When i said pc up there i meant on the motherboard output 3.5mm jack..I tried connecting them to a phone and they work fine without buzzing at all no matter the volume. It happens with multuple speaker so i think its not faulty speaker.

make sure your jack plugs are pushed all the way in , if you caught them whilst dusting your pc ( I have ) the jacks only have to be out a tiny bit to make a buzz , check the wires inside the pc where they are soldered to the jack plug board , if you have a dry joint caused by heat that can also cause the buzz.

Do you coil your speaker wires up so they look nice and neat , if you do that can cause something called an earth loop to make the buzz , it happens on hi-fi gear as well.

Solution