[SOLVED] Speakers sometimes work after many power cycles ?

Jul 23, 2021
I have the Creative GigaWorks T20 Series II 2.0 speakers. Recently I unplugged them to move them, then when I turned them on they stopped working. After troubleshooting for a while, I found it's not any software driver problems but hardware, as I tested them on multiple devices and they weren't working. However, after testing for a while, I found that if I kept turning them on and off multiple times they would start working once. Then if I turned them off and on again they would stop working again. It takes about 5-50 power cycles for them to start working again, then power cycling them again makes them stop working. Any ideas as what could possibly be happening? Thank you

Solution
Could be a loose connection. Not much you can fix on your own unless you already know how to fix and test electronics, but in that case you would not have asked the question in the first place. You can also just leave them powered on the whole time, they won't draw much power if just left on with nothing playing through them.
Could be a loose connection. Not much you can fix on your own unless you already know how to fix and test electronics, but in that case you would not have asked the question in the first place. You can also just leave them powered on the whole time, they won't draw much power if just left on with nothing playing through them.

Solution
Jul 23, 2021

Thanks! I figured it was something with the electronics, I probably should have mentioned in the first post, I wanted to try fixing them more as a project, so I came here to see if anyone else had the same problem before and what went wrong in their speakers and how they fixed them before trying to open mine up and see what went wrong.