Speedbit

S & D produced the following:

Download Accelerator Plus ads: Default ad category (Registry change,
nothing done)
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SpeedBit\Download
Accelerator\ADSDefaultCategory=Default

Download Accelerator Plus ads: Ad category (Registry key, nothing done)
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SpeedBit\Download Accelerator\ADSFileList

--- Spybot - Search && Destroy version: 1.3 ---
2005-04-26 Includes\Cookies.sbi
2005-08-12 Includes\Dialer.sbi
2005-08-12 Includes\Hijackers.sbi
2005-06-23 Includes\Keyloggers.sbi
2005-08-12 Includes\Malware.sbi
2005-04-27 Includes\Revision.sbi
2005-08-06 Includes\Security.sbi
2005-08-12 Includes\Spybots.sbi
2005-08-12 Includes\Trojans.sbi
2004-05-12 Includes\LSP.sbi
2005-02-17 Includes\Tracks.uti
2005-08-12 Includes\PUPS.sbi

Download Accelerator Plus ads: Default ad category (Registry change,
nothing done)
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SpeedBit\Download
Accelerator\ADSDefaultCategory=Default

Download Accelerator Plus ads: Ad category (Registry key, nothing done)
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SpeedBit\Download Accelerator\ADSFileList

It's getting to be a real pain and won't stay gone despite registry
attempts to clear it.

Suggestions?

I'm also would like to know its origin if anybody knows.

OS: 98SE with latest criticalupdates

Ciao,

Gene

Have you tried using Ad-Aware to remove it?

"jkb" <nospam> wrote in news:u6DLQCHoFHA.3256@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl:

> Have you tried using Ad-Aware to remove it?

Yep, doesn't recognize it. S&D catches it though but only takes out half so
have to physically remove from the registry. Classic pain.

Thanks.

> Yep, doesn't recognize it. S&D catches it though but only takes out half
so
> have to physically remove from the registry. Classic pain.

Well, you could try some of the other Malware removal software or uninstall
SpeedBit. Just a suggestion.

jkb wrote:
>>Yep, doesn't recognize it. S&D catches it though but only takes out half
>
> so
>
>>have to physically remove from the registry. Classic pain.
>

> Well, you could try some of the other Malware removal software or uninstall
> SpeedBit. Just a suggestion.

Yes. Junk DAP and try Download Express from MetaProducts

(http://www.metaproducts.com/mp/mpProducts_Detail.asp?id=18)

Every bit as good, and *no* ads!

HTH

--
Regards

Nigel Stapley

www.judgemental.plus.com

<reply-to will bounce>

Nigel Stapley <unet@judgemental.plus.com> wrote in

>> Well, you could try some of the other Malware removal software or
>> uninstall SpeedBit. Just a suggestion.

> Yes. Junk DAP and try Download Express from MetaProducts
>
> (http://www.metaproducts.com/mp/mpProducts_Detail.asp?id=18)
>
> Every bit as good, and *no* ads!
>
> HTH

I don't want or need either. Didn't ask for nor willingly collected
which makes me think it piggy-backed in on something else. What that
something else is, I'm unable to find which brought me here.

Just don't care for critters invading the PC space unbeknownst since
items are not where they're usually "supposed" to be. Yes, I tweak. ;-)

Thanks for the help.

Ciao

Gene

I suggest you ask at the Spybot forums:
http://forums.net-integration.net/
--
Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

J. Eugene Bartley wrote:

> S & D produced the following:
>
> Download Accelerator Plus ads: Default ad category (Registry change,
> nothing done)
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SpeedBit\Download
> Accelerator\ADSDefaultCategory=Default
>
> Download Accelerator Plus ads: Ad category (Registry key, nothing done)
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SpeedBit\Download Accelerator\ADSFileList
>
> --- Spybot - Search && Destroy version: 1.3 ---
> 2005-04-26 Includes\Cookies.sbi
> 2005-08-12 Includes\Dialer.sbi
> 2005-08-12 Includes\Hijackers.sbi

<snip>

> It's getting to be a real pain and won't stay gone despite registry
> attempts to clear it.
>
> Suggestions?

Ok, so you have updated detection files it seems, but just maybe an
updated baseprogram, S-S&D 1.4, will make a difference.
<http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html>

--
Please followup in newsgroup.
E-mail address is invalid due to spam-control.

"... et al." <look@sig.bcause.this.is.invalid> wrote in

u have updated detection files it seems, but just maybe an
> updated baseprogram, S-S&D 1.4, will make a difference.
> <http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html>

Oooh! Thank you. Current is 1.3. 1.4 heading down the path as I type.

For some reason, with the updating I thought that the entire package
updated in time, not just the definitions. What happens when one thinks. ;-
)

The problem seems to be solved. It either became tired of me or I killed
it.

Thanks for the input.

Gene

"glee" <glee29@spamindspring.com> wrote in