Speedfan gives me completely wrong readings

Komerka

Commendable
Jan 2, 2017
I'm not sure in what category this should be so I put it here.
So I downloaded speedfan, but it gives completely wrong readings. I restarted my pc but that didn't help. It only displays gpu stuff right. It says all other fans than my gpu fan are spinning at about 65000 rpm. No not 6500, really 65000. If find that kinda hard to believe of course. It also says my cpu and system and all other temps except gpu are -1C. Also something I really can not believe. Someone knows what's up with this program? Thank you in advance.

Solution
did you follow this to set sppedfan and if nothing work write to them . http://unitstep.net/blog/2007/11/02/using-speedfan-to-automatically-control-your-pcs-fan-speeds/

Ambular

Respectable
Mar 25, 2016
Could be that your motherboard isn't supported by the program, but your GPU is. If you poke around the Speedfan web site you should be able to find a list of motherboards that it currently recognizes.

You could also try downloading another utility, like for instance CPUID HWMonitor, and see whether it gives you similarly bizarre readings. If so, the problem could lie in your motherboard's sensors, or you could just have a weird nonstandard one. What's the make and model of your motherboard?

Komerka

Commendable
Jan 2, 2017

I have the MSI Z170-A Pro. But I want to increase the speed of the case fans when the gpu gets hotter.

Komerka

Commendable
Jan 2, 2017

The MSI Command Center? But that one won't let me change the fan speeds according to gpu temp, right?

Komerka

Commendable
Jan 2, 2017

But I don't want to change the gpu fans but the case fans.

Komerka

Commendable
Jan 2, 2017

Of course I can change the fan speeds manually, but I'm a lazy person so I'm trying to find a way to make my pc do this automatically. Speedfan should work but it doesn't read everything correctly.