Question Speedtest speed is normal but internet feel so slow

kvintanzil

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2015
for the past few weeks i feel my internet has becoming so slow, on twitter sometimes the image load so slow, i can't even watch live stream on twitch because they keep buffering. also my download speed on steam application when downloading games is rubberbanding from 20kbps to peak 1.9mbps but most of the time it stays in the 200kbps range compared to the normal speed is at stable2-3mbps and on google drive download using internet download manager my download speed is stable at 500kbps compared to the normal stable 2-3 mbps. and the weird thing is on youtube or other video buffering sites like crunchyroll or netflix, it still run normal, i can play a 1080p quality video without buffering. even watching high quality live streams on youtube because i can't do it on twitch.

I tested my internet speed here https://www.speedtest.net/ and some other similar sites, all of them say that my ping is averaging at 5ms, download speed 20mbps and upload speed is 5mbps

i have updated all my drivers and my windows 10 is updated to the latest version too, what's wrong here can anyone explain?

Last edited:

kvintanzil

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2015
People asking this question never mention what's happening in the rest of the house. Everybody lives alone these days?

right sorry i forgot, i live with my family but it happens 24/7 even when everyone is sleeping, i also tried turning off the wifi to see if it still persist, and it does.
tried contacting the ISP and they say they have no problem on their end