SpeedUp Promises Thinnest, Lightest Android 7.85" Tablet

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess the 4:3 display is unusual for Android tablets, having the same res as iPad Mini (and iPad 1/2). Specs seems very 2010 now though, especially with Nexus 7 v2 coming out soon which is expected to have much, much better specs than this thing for about the same price.

sundragon

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2008

1. Screen resolution will be leap frogged in the next 1-2 months by the Nexus 7^2 and iPad Mini^2.
    2. Single speaker grill means it's gonna sound like poop. I have a Nexus 7 so this is a deal breaker on my next tablet.
    3. The $249 price is for WiFi, you're gonna pay more for the cellular version.
    4. The CPU is better than the current Nexus 7s CPU but will be leapfrogged in 1-2 months.
    5. The GPU on the MediaTek's SOC could potentially be good (if you play games) - Again, this could be leap frogged in 1-2 months.
    6. Last but not least: Jelly Bean 4.2.1??? Really guys. 4.2.2 is already out and 4.3 is about to birth!

What's SpeedUP's reputation for updating the OS on their hardware? Google/Apple/Samsung update regularly...
P.S. As an owner of a Nexus 7, and Apple products - The warranty and support is a huge selling point. Google (and Apple) has been amazing when I've had issues or when things have broken.
I have never heard of these guys and when your tablet goes belly up - Making one call to Google to have it replaced in a week is nice....

scooterboi

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2010

with nexus and apple, fine. but with Samsung.... well my sgs2 is late for the ICS party for 6 months after its release, it even still waiting for the jellybean update... as a (former) flagship device, it is way too late to be called "regularly updated".

classzero

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2011
Enough of thin, my Asus transformer TF300T feels like its going to break when I hold it, I had to put it in a case to hold it comfortably. I will take a thicker pad with better battery, weight/thickness feel over a piece of paper tablet that crumples like paper!

Status
Not open for further replies.