Spilled Coffee In PC tower, what next?

Sep 26, 2018
Before anything, yes I’m an idiot, no I don’t wanna talk about how my stupid self did it, and lastly here’s all the info. I have a gaming Prebuilt gaming PC, I’ve never known much about all the intricate parts I just like to play video games so I got it and it’s been fantastic etc. etc. Anyway, spilled about 4 oz coffee in the top fan part while it was off, immediately took the side panels off and dried off all parts I could see and reach then blow drying out all areas . I don’t know much about the specific parts at all and have no idea how to disassemble/ assemble the damn thing. After leaving out to dry with my fan on it over night I tried to turn it on, it seemed fine . The login screen popped up, I typed in my password , the desktop showed up and my applications that open on start up started to load . Aannnndd then it crashed, the basic “we’re collecting some information then you can restart.” So I did it again and same thing happened. Anyone know my issue, would a computer repair shop be able to handle this? If it costs a few hundred bucks I don’t mind, just don’t wanna buy another PC because this one was about 1500. Sorry for being so uneducated on this stuff. Any and all advice is welcome.

Solution
It is rather unfortunate that you don't know how to take a few things apart, and that you took a blow dryer to it and honestly that you tried to turn it on anyway.
Considering that the top fan sits (generally) right over your CPU, RAM, etc. it's possible that the coffee got into slots and or sockets.

Without knowing anything about computers, I would suggest taking it to the local shop and explain what happened and ask them to troubleshoot components.
Well the good news is that it turns on and you can reach windows-that means for the most part everything is in working order. When the crashes happen are you doing anything specific or is the pc idle? Any particular error code that follows the crash?

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
It is rather unfortunate that you don't know how to take a few things apart, and that you took a blow dryer to it and honestly that you tried to turn it on anyway.
Considering that the top fan sits (generally) right over your CPU, RAM, etc. it's possible that the coffee got into slots and or sockets.

Without knowing anything about computers, I would suggest taking it to the local shop and explain what happened and ask them to troubleshoot components.

Solution