Spire Introduces the $30 Diablo Case

Status
Not open for further replies.
What on earth is an 80 mm fan?

Oh right the deafening things from 10 years ago in the back of my closet.... How is a case with ZERO cooling and no front intake at all supposed to compete with quality cheap cases?

dscudella

Honorable
Sep 10, 2012
No one noticed the top mounted PSU? It's entry level sure, but a bottom mounted PSU is industry standard now. Tool less design but no front intake and 80mm and 92mm fan cut outs. No thank you, I'll add $20 to my budget for an Antec Gaming One or $30 for a 200R.

curnel_D

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2007
Overpriced. A new front panel, a ripped off name, and a bit of cheap advertising on toms isn't going to sell this 10 year old case.

curnel_D

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2007
[citation][nom]anxiousinfusion[/nom]They should ditch the 5.25" bays completely and line the front with cooling intake and so should all other case manufacturers.[/citation]
Why not both? My Coolermaster case has huge filtered mesh drive bay blocking doors that intake plenty of air. Yet, there's still room for my fan controller.

5.25" bays aren't only used for obsolete disk drives, after all.

mortsmi7

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2010
[citation][nom]anxiousinfusion[/nom]They should ditch the 5.25" bays completely and line the front with cooling intake and so should all other case manufacturers.[/citation]
I still use my dvd drive on occasion and my fan controller and card reader will use up the rest of the slots when they arrive. There are many other options for getting air inside cases than just the front panel.

grokem

Honorable
Aug 12, 2012

I couldn't agree more. I think there should be a few cases offered with a single 5.25" bay but the vast majority shouldn't have any external bays at all. This should make the case much cheaper to build and allow for much more flexibility as to how the case and cooling system work inside the case. If you need a card reader you can get tiny USB ones cheap. I don't haven't owned anything that uses a card but at work we use the USB ones plugged into the USB port on the side of the monitor which is much easier to read than one stuck into a 3.5" bay on the front of your tower under your desk. Same for optical drive, get a USB external and put it under you monitor for easy access if you still use spinning plastic disks to store stuff on.

downhill911

Honorable
Jan 15, 2013
[citation][nom]Azn Cracker[/nom]dont they have a front view?[/citation]
It does not come with front view, it is $30 case for ch...s....
LOL

sykozis

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2008
It's about time for companies producing these "entry-level" cases to disappear. These aren't entry-level cases....they're wasted materials, as are the idiots "designing" them. At this point, there's no excuse for not having a properly designed case.....and this "Diablo" case, is far from a proper design.

MichaelSP

Honorable
Oct 26, 2012

Not a great idea for everyone. Perhaps better to make them less prominent and more often use them as fan intakes but for someone who does video editing which is then required to be burnt to Blu-ray disks for play-back, a case that cannot take a drive is useless to me. Perhaps some cases should have none. However, until I can buy Windows or Office from a retailer OTHER than Microsoft's website and get it on something other than a disk, I think they should stay.

warezme

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2006
[citation][nom]unksol[/nom]What on earth is an 80 mm fan? Oh right the deafening things from 10 years ago in the back of my closet.... How is a case with ZERO cooling and no front intake at all supposed to compete with quality cheap cases?[/citation]What's a 92mm fan for that matter? But for $30 bucks on a case you can use a hole drill to make you some 120mm fan holes wherever you want. I used one to make a side 120mm hole over my GPU on a Lian Li case that turned out great and that case was no where near $30.

SvRommelvS

Honorable
Feb 25, 2013
Zero cable management and no included fans. It's a step from bending metal into the shape of a box for or mounting components and sealing them under a large plastic food container. Actually, that last one sounds like a fun case mod. Okay, it's a step down from that.

Status
Not open for further replies.