Splash Screen Stuck

Tschrom

Honorable
Dec 21, 2016
Ok, so I'm not sure what to say about this, most people who get stuck on the splash screen have just installed new hardware or windows versions or something.

I've done none of that. The problem I'm having is that ANY time I restart through windows (Win10) I go through the start menu, hit restart, etc, etc. My PC will just indefinitely hang at the bios splash screen, until I perform a PSU cycle and hard reset, and then it'll start up like normal.

After the startup and reset, it'll run forever until I try to restart again. Then it just hangs indefinitely until I do a PSU cycle and hard reset. Can't figure out what the hell is going on, as it never used to do this, it only just started in the last few weeks. And I've made no hardware or major software changes.

Also, I've noted some strange behavior.... it seems like a standard "windows shut down command" and turning back on with the power button, causes it to reboot like normal. However, if I restart and get the hanging splash screen, then I just do a simple power cycle/hard reset (power button on/off), it still hangs at the splash screen until I actually discharge my PSU and start up again.

Please help!

I have my voltages set lower that factory, but I've always had them set as such before this problem started, so I don't believe that's the issue

Specs:
Mobo - Asus ROG Crosshair VI Hero (With latest, stable driver. Version 6001 I believe. Skipped one that added APU support)
CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 3500GHz, 1.285V (Below stock voltage)
Ram - Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz (Set to run at 3200Mhz, at 1.3V. Lower than stock voltage)
GPU - Asus ROG STRIX Nvidia GTX 1080, factory OC. (GTX 970 for Physix intensive gaming, can remove if needed)
PSU - Corsair AX800i (PSU was purchased refurbished a couple years ago and is getting older, but I have a replacement EVGA 650 if needed.)
Windows is on a SanDisk SSD
All other programs on a dual layer 5TB mechanical HDD

Edit: As I was typing this, I see that Asus has release a new stable Bios in 6004. Will be downloading and testing that one to see if my issue gets resolved. Will post results. Otherwise, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

EDIT 2: Performed Bios Update (Actually tracked down Beta 6101 and installed it) So far, each soft restart has started up as intended. May just be luck, or perhaps it might have something to do with the amount of time the PC spends in a "powered on" state. Will leave on overnight and try restarting in the morning to see if I experience the same issue.

EDIT 3: Off topic, but updating the BIOS also seems to have aided in the annoying audio crackling/popping issues while using net bandwidth. Not sure what was happening there. Never could find a definitive resolution.