Spore-Based Action/RPG Revealed at Comic-Con

Status
Not open for further replies.

jedimasterben

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2007
I couldn't even finish Spore. Anything past the creature stage was just too boring, didn't seem like a lot of thought went into it. Making an RPG out of it would be AMAZING, though. Can you imagine a full game made out of the creature stage? WANT!

jefe323

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2010
once you lost control of your single creature in the first two stages, spore just lost all appeal to me.

hopefully this new game will bring more of the creature stage style of play to the tribe and civilization stages

mikem_90

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2010
Spore had a lot of promise, but tended to fall pretty flat. I think it aspired to be too much. Some parts were good, but, others were just fluff till you got to the space stage. Not all the gameplay meshed with each other, to many different styles.

And Spore - Galactic Adventures? Ugh. Never again. A bunch of barely interesting mini-adventures that tended to break the flow of the game. They were so compartmentalized that it felt like every mission was just me knocking off and playing some other game for a while.

Like I'm going to take time out of my busy schedule of fighting off the Hecatonchiopterix Empire to go hang out with the universe's survival challenged Clark and Stanley.

[citation][nom]jedimasterben[/nom]I couldn't even finish Spore. Anything past the creature stage was just too boring, didn't seem like a lot of thought went into it. Making an RPG out of it would be AMAZING, though. Can you imagine a full game made out of the creature stage? WANT![/citation]

Sad thing is that the demos they had on stage were better than the final product. In the demos you controled how every last thing looked from your creature to the plants.

Plus the world looked like it had more creatures running around and not only in herds.

braneman

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2009
any actual functionality or fun is guaranteed to be sucked out of the game until all you do is push one button and watch a sprite move down a corridor.

Kelavarus

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2009
Kinda interesting how opinions differ, my friend said the game sucked UNTIL you go the space part. *shrug* To each their own. I haven't played it yet.

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
I found the whole Spore game to be a disaster. Its one of those games that look fun and cool at first but once you played for a few minutes you realize its terrible. Even the early creature stage which was the best the game had to offer was horrible. It basically just consisted of finding skeletal remains to unlock parts and go around befriending or killing other creatures which 99% of the time stayed within their nests.

This also raised a eyebrow for me is why the creatures were all pack animals and every single once of them were egg layers not a single mammal in the game no matter how much evolution was involved.

Lastly people say the space part was the worst but I have to disagree as bad as it was the first RTS stage was the worst followed up by the
second one. I've played bad RTS games but Spore takes the cake for me.
This game could have been something epic something that would have left a huge mark in gaming history but instead we got one of the worst games in recent history.

frozentundra123456

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2009
Spore was probably the most disappointing game I have ever seen. I absolutely hated the space phase. My grandson spent many, many hours on the forums in anticipation of the game and he was disappointed too, although he did manage to "finish" the game. I just quit in frustration at the space stage.

As far as the RPG game, it might work, but a lot of people would probably not want to even think about anything connected with spore again.

tolham

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2009
i quit spore during the city stage. i liked having a tribe and wanted to watch them evolve and develop a culture like a strategy game, but they skipped over all that. when my nice little tribe disappeared and i had to start over and build a city from scratch i got frustrated and quit.

rawoysters

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2009
"Spore" was the worst game I have ever purchased. I got sucked into all the pre-release hype expecting a science based game. What I got was a boring, child's game. Worst $50 I ever spent.

Status
Not open for further replies.