Spotify Goes Live in U.S. as Invite-Only Service

Status
Not open for further replies.
[citation][nom]the_krasno[/nom]Any good proxies I can use while I still fail to live in "the first world"?[/citation]

You could try VPN, they're a lot better than those free proxies.

Khimera2000

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
odd, my first post didn't post, any way.

I don't really know what this will fulfill for me. I already use Pandora for music discovery, and i like owning the music I download.

Unless there music discovery service can match Pandora's I'm not sure if ill be interested.

Does Spotify have a similar formula to find similar music i like?

G

I thought you would actually compare it to Slacker, Rhapsody and Rdio? A comparison would be nice and is needed

pocketdrummer

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2007
Just google UK proxy. Go to guerrillamail and get a temp e-mail. Google london postal code. Use the proxy to get to spotify.co.uk, Use the temp e-mail and london postal to make an account.

Use that until you finally get an invitation or they open it up all the way.

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
What is the record industries problem with this service here in the U.S. if they already allowed the service in Europe for 3 years (it's the same labels)? I'm guessing the labels wanted Spotify to get rid of the free service and charge probably $100/month for the basic service. I swear, the recording industry won't be content until everyone pays them a monthly stipend just to keep the industry alive, and at that point, they probably won't even be producing music anymore, just taking our money.

Still, I remember paying for Yahoo Music some time ago, it was nice (online, offline, synch to certain devices), but I didn't find myself listening to enough different music to justify the cost. I guess my own tastes are too specific. Besides, online streaming? That was more practical in the days of dial-up than it is with today's ridiculous data capping here in the U.S. How quickly will spotify (or pandora or Amazon Cloud of Google Cloud or Apple iCloud) eat up your phone's data plan? Albums in 260kbps quality seem to be around 100+MB a piece, so you get about what, 20-hours of listening before you hit your 2GB limit with AT&T, good luck with that.

yesineed

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2011
Greetings Americans!

I live in Norway, and have subscribed to the Spotify Premium service for 2 years. It generates 4 invites or so each month.

Enjoy!

aAPeWX6TfNLMnAJh
dn5F4L68RwWCUNaX
bFBu3Nw8z3hSqhGg
fe8UHF3UyGtr9g6r
d57TXeNGn3grJn6p
cFKzFfFm4R8h2P84
axyhcRpmHFGfYVSK
crtVG9LKTVyNXqWU
akfJ9xqwNPEekFXH
aPuyuEw8HNWKxScE
dgV84JVzrkWZehHf