[SOLVED] Spray paint recommendation that will not flow from the heat

Hamza Ensar

Commendable
Jan 31, 2021
I wish everyone a good day. I want to paint my 360mm liquid cooling radiator and the aluminum blocks of my motherboard white. Do you have spray paint that won't run off from the heat? Thank you from now.

Solution
You can paint the radiator end caps but painting the radiator fins will kill performance.
Also painting your motherboard heatsinks is a bad Idea. It reduces cooling dramatically.

4Rob1998

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2014
I thought he was going to paint the liquid cooler head only, not as far as the radiator fins :oops:
What kind of heat exchanger is it? Imy last rig used to the heater core out of a Corvette. 1/2" tubing thought the system. Ran a gycohol /alcohol and added water wetter. (Autoparts).
If you have a heater core like I did you have plenty of air flow but it will reduce it's ability to cool your system. You should test it by reducing the airflow while monitoring the CPU core temp while running a benchmark. I'd Then restrict the airflow with a book a little bit till the temp starts to rise. I would guess a super light coat of a thermal conductive paint. The blocks should be ruffed up so the paint will stick. Fyi, Only use alcohol in your case.. paint thinner will eat the boards conformal coating. Coolant needs to be completely off the blocks or it won't stick.. so clean them several times to get all the residue.

Good luck,
Rob Snyder

I thing I wanted to do. But never had time was powder coat my blocks and hardware. Harbor freight has has a powder coat tool but I also need an oven to bake on the powder spray.