Square Enix Giving FF7 PC Free to Angry Customers

Status
Not open for further replies.

archange

Distinguished
May 7, 2007
Misleading title. Consider at least placing the "PC" in parentheses. Otherwise one gets the impression that angry customers receive a free PC...

G

The title is fine. Who in their right mind would think they would give free PCs to angry customers... "Oh, you're angry?! Here, have a free FF7 branded PC!" That's ridiculous.

G

@geeksinhere23

If they remade the game that would also mean they could also add in the following:
-Poor localized voice acting and no choice in what language the voice acting is in (the japanese voice cast is quite often superior)
-Revamped/Re-envisioned combat system (imagine FF12/13 combat system in the remake; no real control over who does what and the AI goes through your potions like the Cookie Monster in a Chips Ahoy factory)
-Dumbed down gaming experience (FF13 comes to mind: no towns, silly combat system, poor drawn out story)

Personally, I think none of Square-Enix's games can measure up to any of the Squaresoft games of old. Mainly because they've fallen into the trap of "the game mechanics don't matter anymore, as long as it looks pretty people will love it."

Other games they ruined by re-envisioning them: Parasite EVE: The 3rd Birthday, Front Mission: Evolved

subaru41

Feb 6, 2006
That is very nice of Square Enix to do that for the customers. That shows what kind of company they are. I have full respect for them.

On the other hand, if this was Apple. They would be suing there customers for downloading before official launch.

dalethepcman

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
Square does treat their customers right. I remember when final fantasy 14 came out, and it was no where near ready to play when it went live. They made a blunder, so they decided they wouldn't charge anyone for playing the game until it was really ready, basically giving everyone an extended beta invite.

Just recently the game went to a subscription model after being completely f2p (not micro transaction / p2win) for 6+ months.

fedelm

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2012
[citation][nom]subaru41[/nom]On the other hand, if this was Apple. They would be suing there customers for downloading before official launch.[/citation]

Apple owns the patent on lawsuits. Google It.

master_chen

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
[citation][nom]subaru41[/nom]That shows what kind of company they are. I have full respect for them.[/citation]

:\

Oh yeah? Go and enjoy...after watching this, you still think that it's the same company that was around back in the DewPrism/Chrono Cross days? If you still think so, then return to the link I gave you and re-watch the video. And again. And again. And many more times again, up until the time when you will finally get it.

master_chen

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
Why the hell my link didn't show up? Do I need to have a specific poster status/specific number of posts, to post a simple link on the video? That's just ridiculous.
Anyway, subaru41, just go to Youtube and search for "Mindjack Angry Joe". Yeah, that's your beloved "Squenix"s game too. Just watch the video there, fully.

master_chen

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
[citation][nom]scout62[/nom]Man, I hope it plays better than the original PC port....[/citation]
What are you talking about? Original PC release played just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.