[SOLVED] SSD 86 Health question

Solution
What i want to know is:
1- Is there a way to prevent these bad sectors from being used? when i try to copy something big to my SSD the pc freezes everytime.

2- Does this mean that the bad sectors will keep increasing and i should just backup everything and buy a new one?
Bad sectors happen, the important thing is to watch to see if they are rapidly increasing. The SSD controller should block out the bad pages. On several occasions I've done a secure erase and kept drives going for quite a while longer. Obviously back up your data, as is always improtant.
It appears that HD Sentinel has detected a non-zero raw value for the Reallocation Event Count attribute. This is a worry because it suggests that the SSD has problematic areas. That said, it could be that HD Sentinel has misinterpreted this particular attribute.

Could we see a CrystalDiskInfo or GSmartControl SMART report for comparison?

tar3k10

Prominent
Aug 8, 2019
It is fine, perhaps it could use a bit more space around it for cooling but it is really not an issue.
It appears that HD Sentinel has detected a non-zero raw value for the Reallocation Event Count attribute. This is a worry because it suggests that the SSD has problematic areas. That said, it could be that HD Sentinel has misinterpreted this particular attribute.

Could we see a CrystalDiskInfo or GSmartControl SMART report for comparison?

I did a surface test on it and this is the result

View: https://i.imgur.com/Jilousw.png

I guess this is as bad as it looks :((

tar3k10

Prominent
Aug 8, 2019
What i want to know is:
1- Is there a way to prevent these bad sectors from being used? when i try to copy something big to my SSD the pc freezes everytime.

2- Does this mean that the bad sectors will keep increasing and i should just backup everything and buy a new one?

RealBeast

Titan
What i want to know is:

Bad sectors happen, the important thing is to watch to see if they are rapidly increasing. The SSD controller should block out the bad pages. On several occasions I've done a secure erase and kept drives going for quite a while longer. Obviously back up your data, as is always improtant.

Solution