[SOLVED] SSD and Hard Drive Help

Dec 3, 2020
So here is the story. Basically, I have an SSD and a Hard Drive. Couple days ago, my monitor broke and I was desperate to play some games, so I played on my 4K TV. After a while, it suddenly crashed, stayed at the crash screen for a couple minutes, and the blue windows screen showed up with a frown face. Later, when I got a new monitor, I plugged in my PC with the New Monitor and I think my SSD was just fried or something. BIOS couldn't even detect it and it was just annoying. When I tried to start it would just go to system repair. When I tried to reset everything, it showed that the only backup I made was from a couple months ago. If the only thing that was on my SSD were the important Windows Files and all my games were on my Hard Drive and I used the backup, would I still have all my games?

Solution
So here is the story. Basically, I have an SSD and a Hard Drive. Couple days ago, my monitor broke and I was desperate to play some games, so I played on my 4K TV. After a while, it suddenly crashed, stayed at the crash screen for a couple minutes, and the blue windows screen showed up with a frown face. Later, when I got a new monitor, I plugged in my PC with the New Monitor and I think my SSD was just fried or something. BIOS couldn't even detect it and it was just annoying. When I tried to start it would just go to system repair. When I tried to reset everything, it showed that the only backup I made was from a couple months ago. If the only thing that was on my SSD were the important Windows Files and all my games were on my...
So here is the story. Basically, I have an SSD and a Hard Drive. Couple days ago, my monitor broke and I was desperate to play some games, so I played on my 4K TV. After a while, it suddenly crashed, stayed at the crash screen for a couple minutes, and the blue windows screen showed up with a frown face. Later, when I got a new monitor, I plugged in my PC with the New Monitor and I think my SSD was just fried or something. BIOS couldn't even detect it and it was just annoying. When I tried to start it would just go to system repair. When I tried to reset everything, it showed that the only backup I made was from a couple months ago. If the only thing that was on my SSD were the important Windows Files and all my games were on my Hard Drive and I used the backup, would I still have all my games?
Assuming the other HDD isn't corrupted, you should be able to install Windows onto a new SSD and then map the HDD to the system. You might have to do a little bit of work in Steam, Origin, Epic Launcher, etc...to show Windows the games are there, but the games should still be on the drive.

Solution

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Can you include additional information? We'll need to know the specs to your build, include the make and models of your storage, motherboard, processor, PSU and the GPU used(yeah all that). We can move forward from there.

If your games are sourced from a service like Steam, then you only need to worry about your save game files, the games can be downloaded from Steam(or their ilk). And yes, you can locate the game directory on your HDD if you're using Steam, just need to install the client/launcher and then locate the game drive installation directory.