ssd and hhd

Solution
All are very similar from what I've read in reviews. I think it really comes down to how much you trust the brands.

The only one of those brands that I've ever used is Sandisk for some SD cards and I've never had a problem, however, they are two different products so performance may vary.

andrewjcole

Reputable
Jul 15, 2015
All are very similar from what I've read in reviews. I think it really comes down to how much you trust the brands.

The only one of those brands that I've ever used is Sandisk for some SD cards and I've never had a problem, however, they are two different products so performance may vary.

Solution

snon200

Reputable
Jul 11, 2015

and do you have any suggestions about 2/3 tb hhd?

andrewjcole

Reputable
Jul 15, 2015
Do you mean which size is better? Both storage options should provide enough space for most tasks. To put it into perspective, you could install 30 copies of Grand Theft Auto 5 or over 170 hours of HD video on a 2tb hard drive.

If you plan to use this hard drive for a long time, both are good options. Do you think you could use an extra 1tb? I have a 500gb HDD that has several movies and photos on it and still has 150gb of space on it, so you may not even need more than 1tb.

Depending on who you ask, some people will say that SDDs will last longer. Some people say HDDs last longer. Some people say they both are the same. It really depends on if you take good care of it and you're lucky enough to get one that lasts a long time. I should mention that SDDs don't have any moving parts unlike HDDs, so that's something to consider.

Let the reviews guide you
:)

snon200

Reputable
Jul 11, 2015

thank you but its not realy what i meant.. there are a lot of hdd's out there and i dont knwo which one is the best, for example: WD blue, seagate, samsaung, etc.

andrewjcole

Reputable
Jul 15, 2015
From personal experience, I've only used Seagate (and maybe Iomega once), so I'm not sure. I've seen a lot of people with positive opinions on Seagate hard drives, so I personally could recommend them. They are priced nicely too.