Question SSD and RAM ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivaldi

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2011
Hi,

I want to install a 2.5-inch SSD ( Integral 2TB V Series v2 2.5" SSD ) to my gaming PC but I'm not quite sure how to do it. First of all, where in the PC do I put the SSD? This site doesn't allow attachments so I'm going to have to try and describe what I'm doing. On the inside of my PC at the bottom, there is a Seagate HDD. Now, If I'm going to add an SSD where am I going to attach it? Am I going to need a bracket? I'm assuming I would put my SSD above it somewhere. Also, will I need to add cables to it? There are two cables attaching my HDD to my gaming PC. One of the cables has wires of different colors (orange, red and yellow) and the other wire is blue. From what I understand these are a data cable and a power cable. There is already one mutli colored wire free on my gaming PC but I'm not so sure about the blue wire. Am I going to need to buy cables to fix the SSD to my PC?

Recently my gaming PC has been crashing when playing games. I'm not sure if it's because of the HDD, but one of my games where it crashes says I've run out of VRAM. So I thought I may have to buy some RAM to add to my PC, what are your thoughts on this? Also my HDD is about 5 years old now, when I get my SSD should I replace my HDD or add it along with my HDD to my PC?

Ivaldi

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2011
upload image to imgur.com and post the link here

Ok I'll try and get it done, i saw a post where some people said they were apprehensive to click on links.

what the case model? full system spec?

Device name DESKTOP-KC67EBJ
Processor AMD FX(tm)-6300 Six-Core Processor 3.50 GHz
Installed RAM 8.00 GB
Device ID AAC126A7-73D6-4BA4-8222-85A0E797FEFA
Product ID 00326-00815-37556-AAOEM
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display

as for the cable. one is data and the other is power.

Yes, but will I have to buy a additional cables?

Ivaldi

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2011
Ok my first question is, where am I going to put the SSD? Is it above the HDD in the link? Will I need a bracket?

View: https://imgur.com/UDFggDV

Secondly what cables am I going to add to the SSD? In this picture, you can see me holding a cable. Will I be adding this cable to the SSD or do I need to buy a new one? You will also see a blue cable in the background, will I be attaching that cable to the SSD or will I need to buy a new one?

View: https://imgur.com/QJn1uKM

I hope my questions make sense and they're not too confusing.

Ok my first question is, where am I going to put the SSD? Is it above the HDD in the link? Will I need a bracket?

View: https://imgur.com/UDFggDV

Secondly what cables am I going to add to the SSD? In this picture, you can see me holding a cable. Will I be adding this cable to the SSD or do I need to buy a new one? You will also see a blue cable in the background, will I be attaching that cable to the SSD or will I need to buy a new one?

View: https://imgur.com/QJn1uKM

I hope my questions make sense and they're not too confusing.
SSDs use exact same cables and connectors as HDDs all are SATA. SSDs are not as sensitive to motion and position you can stick them anywhere they fit,

george198011

Prominent
Jun 5, 2021
You can attach the cables with your SSD and put it somewhere at the empty space in the cabinet. I did this many times, nothing worry about this. But check it properly may you have slot to for holding SSD OR HDD there you can do that.

Show a better photo of insides of your pc case. This is too low resolution and too small view.
If there is no specialized space for 2.5"drives, then you'll need 2.5" to 3.5" adapter.

LD0001670849_2.jpg

Again - your photos are terrible. But it seems you have molex cable in that photo.
You'll need sata power cable coming from PSU. Your PSU should have extra cable coming from it.

-CB12AXSA4-Gallery-Gallery-1.png

and sata data cable from motherboard to the drive. This one you may need to buy, if you do't have extra cable laying around.

trueway-45cm-sata-to-sata-cable-data-cable-with-locks---red.jpg

Reactions: CountMike

Ivaldi

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2011
Show a better photo of insides of your pc case. This is too low resolution and too small view.
If there is no specialized space for 2.5"drives, then you'll need 2.5" to 3.5" adapter.

LD0001670849_2.jpg

Again - your photos are terrible. But it seems you have molex cable in that photo.
You'll need sata power cable coming from PSU. Your PSU should have extra cable coming from it.

-CB12AXSA4-Gallery-Gallery-1.png

and sata data cable from motherboard to the drive. This one you may need to buy, if you do't have extra cable laying around.

trueway-45cm-sata-to-sata-cable-data-cable-with-locks---red.jpg

Thank you. I think I know what to do now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS