Question SSD became unallocated after laptop forced restart, how do I recover data and partitions?

Jan 5, 2022
Laptop was under heavy load and suddenly froze, mouse was unresponsive so I needed to do a forced restart by holding power button.
After restart bootable device isn't found and windows cannot boot up.

Which steps should I take with DMDE software to fix a problem?

Acer V5-573G laptop with Windows 8.1
GIGABYTE 1TB SSD (GP-GSTFS31100TNTD)

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2022
What were you doing when the PC malfunctioned? This type of behavior leads me to believe the SSD has failed unless you restarted it whilst it was modifying the disk in some fashion.
There were many tabs open in a browser. I was saving a file in mind manager program but it took too long to save, it got frozen too. Then mouse froze. Then i pressed the power button.

NameChanged38

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2009
There were many tabs open in a browser. I was saving a file in mind manager program but it took too long to save, it got frozen too. Then mouse froze. Then i pressed the power button.
So you weren't doing a critical change to the disk. Even more suspect that the SSD has outright failed. You (may) be able to attempt data recovery on it from another PC if it has important information, but I wouldn't count on it.

Jan 5, 2022
Yes I'm trying to restore partitions and save data with DMDE, that's what I'm trying to do. I pulled out the SSD from laptop and put it in enclosure to connect it through usb to another PC.

This is what I get with DMDE:
Yv1Zmfs.png

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2022
Crystaldiskinfo shows abnormal values, power on count and power on hours are way off. Doesn't even show manufacturer of SSD (shows SATAFIRM instead). Health status also seems strange, should be 98-100% on normal disk. Is it sensor fault or something else?

Does it mean that it has some hardware fault? Or is it normal because I put it into ssd enclosure and connected it through usb?

VxXWdur.png

Anything else I can do to confirm the SSD has a hardware fault?

Last edited: