Question SSD became very slow won’t boot anymore but can read data

May 3, 2024
I’m having a weird issue: for over a year I’ve been swapping the SSD with hdd all great , in the last swap ssd became slow to boot and some programs wouldn’t start sounded like a virus ran malware bytes and nothing, ran diskGenius it found a few bad sectors still slow and now it won’t boot stays stuck on the win logo but if I boot from the hdd I can read my files but it is slow, tried to boot with a hiren cd it wouldn’t, booting with just the usb and then plugging the SSD will boot&allows me to run some tools but diskGenius has such slow access times that it was tagging almost all sectors as bad… sounds like a weird hardware issue? somebody has hint/trick or has been thru this?

Some guys said just plug the SSD with only the power for an hour or so I tried but no cigar

Cheers

Ralston18

Titan
Is either the SSD or the HDD a clone of the other drive?

Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Include PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition (original to build, new, used, refurbished)?

Disk drive(s): make, model, capacity, how full?

Look in Reliability History/Monitor, Event Viewer, and Update History for any problems that began after the last round of disk swaps.

Check one drive, swap in the other drive and check it.

Hopefully one or both drives will provide some additional clues.

May 3, 2024
Thanks guys ok I ran hackintosh from the hdd and win10 off the SSD , my box is: Dell e6420 16G i5 Sandy cpu, this laptop refuses to die (I’ve dropped it several times on concrete but still works) … the 1T SSD I got from Temu it was Rock solid until this, it had about 200G left I ran a lot of VMs on it, I see guys with brand name SSD also having issues