[SOLVED] SSD Boot

Cirices

Prominent
Aug 6, 2019
Hello guys, I have a question. On what depens the booting speed of the ssd? I have a Crucial 240gb and 540mb/s. I've noticed when I installed W10 for the first time, it boot in about 13 seconds (with no programs installed). Now I have some programs and a game installed on it, but the free storage is 115gb, and the boot time is around 25 seconds to load Windows and other 15 seconds to load Steam etc (40 seconds to boot). Is it good?
Because I don't know if booting speed only depends on the SSD read and write speeds or the many programs installed too?

Could happen that booting gets slower after a while? I mean, I install W10, after that I install a lot of programs, but booting is still pretty fast, and four days later, booting is still fast but not like four days ago without having installed anything else.

Solution
Are you using Task Manager > Startup to load the applications and games?

The more that has to be loaded at boot time the longer bootup will take.

And it may be that some of the first booted programs start trying to do things like "phone home", update, backup, and perhaps running some level of AV scans.

Windows itself is likely to be looking for updates.

Thus slowing the boot process even more so.

Ralston18

Titan
Are you using Task Manager > Startup to load the applications and games?

The more that has to be loaded at boot time the longer bootup will take.

And it may be that some of the first booted programs start trying to do things like "phone home", update, backup, and perhaps running some level of AV scans.

Windows itself is likely to be looking for updates.

Thus slowing the boot process even more so.

Solution