Question SSD crashing a week in

armycameron

Prominent
Dec 26, 2018
I bought a 500gb Samsung SSD in December,I installed windows and some games,that’s about it. I have been reciving atleast 20 BSoDs or random freezes a day usually after a week on installing windows. For a week or sometimes even 2 it’ll be fine before I start getting more and more BSoDs by the day and eventually I will get a CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED everytime I boot forcing me to reinstall windows. I have reinstalled windows about 8 times now and there is nothing else I can do. I have updated drivers,installed windows updates, changed power settings and yet nothing has worked. Seriously need help ASAP, thank you for your time.

armycameron

Prominent
Dec 26, 2018
I bought a 500gb Samsung SSD in December,I installed windows and some games,that’s about it. I have been reciving atleast 20 BSoDs or random freezes a day usually after a week on installing windows. For a week or sometimes even 2 it’ll be fine before I start getting more and more BSoDs by the day and eventually I will get a CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED everytime I boot forcing me to reinstall windows. I have reinstalled windows about 8 times now and there is nothing else I can do. I have updated drivers,installed windows updates, changed power settings and yet nothing has worked. Seriously need help ASAP, thank you for your time.
If you suspect the actual drive, Samsung Magician.
Run the Perf Benchmark, and also look at the SMART results.

But it probably is not the drive.
My bad, I also ment to mention I didn’t have these problems until I installed my ssd, pc goes as follows:
Cpu:AMD Fx-4350
Mobo: ASUS M5a97 LE R2.0
Ram:ddr3 8gb @1700
Gpu:Radeon Rx 460
Storage:1tb barracuda for mass storage,Ssd for game and OS
Psu:750watt evga bronze

scout_03

Titan
Ambassador
you did not change the deafult ahci settings in bios also the ssd is set as first boot device and on the first sata port on the board and since you have a os on the hdd you must unplug it to set boot ine of the ssd for a complete boot they run in conflict since both have a os .