[SOLVED] SSD Diagnostics/Problems

Nov 2, 2020
Hi, this is my first post, so hopefully I followed all of the instructions.

MB: ASUS Prime X570
RAM: 32 GB DDR4 Corsair (4x8)
CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x
PS: 1000W
SSD: XPG SX6000 Pro 1TB

Now to the problem. Suddenly, I feel as if my PC is getting stuck in a BIOS loop, or barely even turning on at all. Seems to be getting stuck on booting for some reason. I also noticed, that when it does boot, when I looked at Task Manager, it said my SSD was at 100% utilization, and the write speed was at 1mb/s.

I am thinking that this is either a MB or SSD issue (leaning towards SSD), but would really like some suggestions/feedback.

* Also lmk if I need to provide any additional information about my custom build.

Solution
I have tried that, and I guess I ran chkdsk to try and repair the drives, but it stalled at 99% (0 of 0) for like an hour. I guess I made the fatal mistake of trying to restart the PC because it felt stuck.

Well now Windows won't launch.
You can download latest W10 version, make boot usb and try "Repair install".
Hi, this is my first post, so hopefully I followed all of the instructions.

MB: ASUS Prime X570
RAM: 32 GB DDR4 Corsair (4x8)
CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x
PS: 1000W
SSD: XPG SX6000 Pro 1TB

Now to the problem. Suddenly, I feel as if my PC is getting stuck in a BIOS loop, or barely even turning on at all. Seems to be getting stuck on booting for some reason. I also noticed, that when it does boot, when I looked at Task Manager, it said my SSD was at 100% utilization, and the write speed was at 1mb/s.

I am thinking that this is either a MB or SSD issue (leaning towards SSD), but would really like some suggestions/feedback.

* Also lmk if I need to provide any additional information about my custom build.
It could just as easily be OS or SW problem but checking SSD health and performance should be first order. Maybe even malware.

Nov 2, 2020
It could just as easily be OS or SW problem but checking SSD health and performance should be first order. Maybe even malware.

I have tried that, and I guess I ran chkdsk to try and repair the drives, but it stalled at 99% (0 of 0) for like an hour. I guess I made the fatal mistake of trying to restart the PC because it felt stuck.

Well now Windows won't launch.