[SOLVED] SSD doesn't function properly, rest of system has to carry

Jun 19, 2021
My SSD started being weird so I replaced it and it would only run at 1%, someone told me it was because of internet so I changed my internet and now it kind of works - it runs at 5-10% but that isn't enough so it sort of pulls the rest of the system in to help, resulting in 80-90% cpu/network use and very high power usage (task manager)

Solution
My SSD started being weird so I replaced it and it would only run at 1%, someone told me it was because of internet so I changed my internet and now it kind of works - it runs at 5-10% but that isn't enough so it sort of pulls the rest of the system in to help, resulting in 80-90% cpu/network use and very high power usage (task manager)
What only runs at 1%?
The old ssd or the new one?
Dying drives can use lots of CPU and HDD but that network usage is strange. You should have removed it from PC if it was acting weird

what are details of the PC? Is this the one you made recently?
Can you give us a parts list?

how did you change the internet?

I thought you made one recently
prebuilt cyberpower gamer xtreme with a 1660 gpu...

Dave8671

Distinguished
Hi
Most browsers write data to the disk drive in a SSD that means many writes I change settings in Firefox on Linux and windows. I am planning to upgrade this system to a M.2 SSD drive so I will change these before I clone it.

To be able to change these settings you need to got here
about:config

copy and paste each of these in the field

Firefox settings
type Browser.cache.disk:
click on browser cache.disk.enable change it to false not true
with false it will now be written to ram (otherwise it would be written to the disk)

Browser.cache.memory.capacity
click number option below the text field type this in the field 204800 = 200mb

Browser.sessionstore.interval:
chanced from 15000 to 15000000 disables feature.

Lets check to see if trim is active on your system. on the task bar search field

type
command than select

command prompt

type or copy paste
fsutil behavior query DisableDeleteNotify ( this will show if Trim is active) if its not than

type

DisableDeleteNotify = 0 ( this will enable it )

Dave

Last edited:

Colif

Win 11 Master
What only runs at 1%?
The old ssd or the new one?
Dying drives can use lots of CPU and HDD but that network usage is strange. You should have removed it from PC if it was acting weird

what are details of the PC? Is this the one you made recently?
Can you give us a parts list?

how did you change the internet?

I thought you made one recently
prebuilt cyberpower gamer xtreme with a 1660 gpu and i5-9400 core
oh, nvm, you sold it? So the ssd is in the cyberpower PC?

Last edited:
Solution