SSD doesn't show up in diskpart list disk

le perp

Honorable
Jan 25, 2013
Hi, i'm trying to do a fresh install of windows 10 in my laptop. The problem shows up at the selecting where to install. My ssd (with preinstalled os in it) doesn't show up in the list, I tried diskpart > list disk, doesn't show up there neither. However, my hdd shows up in the list. So what can i do to make my ssd show up so i can install os? T_T

Solution
it seems you need to format the ssd before you go to install win 10 or it won't offer it as a choice. I would look through the thread below as its for your laptop. I would actually ask on that forum as they should know the answers you seek.

Asus link

Colif

Win 11 Master
how big is the ssd?

Could it be the ssd is only say 32gb in size and is actually not used for installing win 10 but acts as a cache drive instead. This would explain why its not showing in diskpart as windows itself can't see the drive. If SSD is only this size, you need to install win 10 on the hdd and then run https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/22036/IRST-Intel-Rapid-Storage-Technology-Intel-RST- on the drive and look at this: http://www.pcworld.com/article/248828/how_to_setup_intel_smart_response_ssd_caching_technology.html - All ssd does is act as a high speed buffer for hdd so it seems faster than it actually is

If its not that small, we look elsewhere :)

le perp

Honorable
Jan 25, 2013

The SSD is 120G. Please let me know if any other info is needed, I will provide!!!

le perp

Honorable
Jan 25, 2013

I think I have found the issue!!! This SSD is connected to NVMe, so I need to have IRST driver included in my OS installation USB when I install it! Although I'm getting a lot of mixed info, like this guide has so many complicated stuffs, while some other videos simply suggest to do a normal install with CSM enable/disable (?) and just install the driver prior OS installation. So what should I follow? Do I need to go through all the trouble like in the first guide? :O

I'm trying to install a fresh Win 10 on my laptop Asus G752VT. Been working on this for the past few days!!! T_T

Colif

Win 11 Master
it seems you need to format the ssd before you go to install win 10 or it won't offer it as a choice. I would look through the thread below as its for your laptop. I would actually ask on that forum as they should know the answers you seek.

Asus link

Solution

le perp

Honorable
Jan 25, 2013

Thanks! I went on asking on that forum as well. Got a link to a thread with very detailed tutorials, didn't even need to use IRST driver during installation!

Apr 10, 2019

Thanks! I went on asking on that forum as well. Got a link to a thread with very detailed tutorials, didn't even need to use IRST driver during installation!

Got the dame problem on my laptop
Please can you share the link
Thank you