SSD failing ?

jackouiafl

Prominent
Nov 4, 2017
My pc keeps on turning off, it doesn't come back on but i can see power going to the motherboard and sometimes some fans are spinning and front ones don't, the CPU fan isn't spinning.
However whenever I change the sata slot which the SSD is plugged into it works again, for a brief time, then it does it again.

Please help :)

jackouiafl

Prominent
Nov 4, 2017

PSU - CX550M
CPU - Intel 7600k
GPU: GTI 1060
Motherboard: Intel prime Z270-k
Memory: 2x DDR4 8GB 2933
Storage: Samsung SSD 250gb

Is that all? sorry not good at this haha.

Also i'm posting from the pc right now, I've just found that it keeps turning off like 10 minutes after i'm in Arma 3 and playing (I play on high graphics), however when i'm doing less intensive stuff it seems to be on a lot longer. Once it's off I have to change the SATA slot and wait a little while and then it works.

Hope that helps I just found that out then,

jackouiafl

Prominent
Nov 4, 2017

Soon after that nothing on the motherboard would work. Took it to PC shop they said BIOS needed updating, they did that and it made the board work again but it still had the old problem; The PC was turning off after like 10 minutes and then after it turns off it would turn off every 10 seconds or so it's random... I took it back and they said oh ok it's a PSU problem, I bought another F-cking PSU and guess what... It's not the problem because it still happens :(
I ordered a new motherboard as I wanted a new one anyway, i'll tell you how that goes...